30+ Easy Bible Memory Verses for Children

We’ve expanded this list into 52 memory verses. Check it out.

Everyone needs to start somewhere, that’s why I shared some short Bible verses for kids in a previous post. So many of you responded with more ideas that I wanted to add to that list. So here are 30 more easy scriptures any child can learn.

As with the first list, these are often partial quotes from the verse that contain the main idea. As kids become more confident they can add to what they learn from these easy versions.

• Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved (coloring page)
  • Psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to all. (coloring page)
  • Genesis 16:13 You are the God who sees. (coloring page)
  • Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! (coloring page)
  • Proverbs 14:5 A honest witness does not lie, a false witness breaths lies
  • Numbers 6:24 The Lord bless you and keep you
  • Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
  • Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
  • 1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands
  • Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit
  • Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
  • Psalm 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
  • Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
  • Romans 10:13 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
  • Romans 3:23 All people have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
  • Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world.
  • Psalm 145:9 The Lord is good to all.
  • Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things.
  • James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.
  • Matthew 28:20 I am with you always.
  • Act 16:31 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
  • Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another.
  • 1John 3:23 Love one another.
  • Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in You.
  • Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
  • Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
  • Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
  • Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
  • Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
  • Psalm 138:1 “I will praise thee with my whole heart”
  • John 10:11 I am the good shepherd.
  • Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

These would be super helpful for your preschool Sunday School or doing family worship with younger children. Please leave a comment below if you have other easy Bible verse you use.
Here is the link to Print Print this list.

Comments

1. Jen says

I was amazed how my son – who at the time wasn’t even 2 – memorized all of Ephesians 6:1 and Proverbs 17:22 – we take out portions of the verse to help them out when in fact they have a better memory than we do! haha This is the time to have them memorize – most of my Bible memory is still there from AWANA growing up. Very important to memorize, but after we grow up, we forget this!

2. Nicole says

We’ve taught our son, who’s currently 2 1/2:
    Deuteronomy 6:5: “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, all thy soul, and all thy might!”
    Ephesians 6:1: “Children obey your parents”
    Ephesians 4:32: “Be ye kind one to another”
    1 Thessalonians 5:17: “Pray without ceasing.”

3. Rose says

Thank you for this helpful list! The very first verse my 20 month old daughter memorized was Genesis 1:1 :)

4. Crystal says

Here are some of the verses I have used in my classes at church for ages 3-5. Some of them I have changed the words but kept the definition so they could better understand them. I also used hand and body gestures to help them remember, so far they work great!

*Romans 12:13 – “Share with God’s people who are in need”
    * John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world, He gave his only son”
    *1 John 4:19 – “We love because God loved us first”
    *Joshua 1:19 – “Be strong and brave because God is with you”
    *Psalm 139:14 – “I praise you because you made me wonderful”
    *Matthew 26:6 – “He is not here. He has Risen”
    *Matthew 5:44 – “Love your enemies and pray for those who are mean to
    you”
    *Psalm 36:19 – “I pray to You, You answer me, because You love me so
    much”

• Jennifer says

In Crystal’s post, Psalm 36:19 does not exist… Any idea what the correct reference should be?

• Kula B Fofana says

Thank you so much for helping my Newly established preschool.pupils age 3-4 years old.They have already learn *Hebrews13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday,today and forever.*John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

5. RUTH TEASLEY says

I really enjoy using your material I find it very helpful
    A

verse that I have used is Romans 3;23 For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God..

6. Sharon says

Thank you, great help!! We need to get God’s Word into our children’s hearts and lives.

7. Comfort Lawal says

God bless you, these bible verses has edify my soul and that of the children

Comfort

8. Patsy Adams says

Wonderful! Thank you, all those who compiled these wonderful verses for our kids. Really helpfull… God Bless You.
    :-)

9. Brenda says

We are writing short bible verses on strips of paper, curling them and poking them inside balloons for our church picnic. Kids love balloons and when they pop their balloon they get a memory verse. Thank you for your website!

10. S. Claus says

I recently got more involved in church. I retired from working a full time factory job and jumped into teaching Sunday School. At times I felt like I was a lost soul but thank the Lord, and you, my lessons have a meaning and my first graders are having fun learning.

11. gayl says

I am so grateful for you website. It means a great deal to me to have accessible all of the time and research that you have put into the site.

I live in an apartment complex and I am endeavoring to work with the kids here, boys and girls, 4 to about 12 years old. I want a very simple translation for I Cor. 13:4. They really need a simple simple translation to be able to understand. I want to have the scripture lamenated for them to be able to carry it with them at all times.

if you have any suggestions on how I might teach on the subject of the love of Christ to them, please let me know. If there is something that I missed on the website, please direct me.

Again, thank you so very very much.

May God shower you with His blessings and continued success.

Gayle Joya