30+ Easy Bible Memory Verses for Children

We’ve expanded this list into 52 memory verses. Check it out.

Everyone needs to start somewhere, that’s why I shared some short Bible verses for kids in a previous post. So many of you responded with more ideas that I wanted to add to that list. So here are 30 more easy scriptures any child can learn.

As with the first list, these are often partial quotes from the verse that contain the main idea. As kids become more confident they can add to what they learn from these easy versions.

• Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved (coloring page)
  • Psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to all. (coloring page)
  • Genesis 16:13 You are the God who sees. (coloring page)
  • Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! (coloring page)
  • Proverbs 14:5 A honest witness does not lie, a false witness breaths lies
  • Numbers 6:24 The Lord bless you and keep you
  • Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
  • Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
  • 1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands
  • Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit
  • Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
  • Psalm 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
  • Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
  • Romans 10:13 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
  • Romans 3:23 All people have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
  • Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world.
  • Psalm 145:9 The Lord is good to all.
  • Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things.
  • James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.
  • Matthew 28:20 I am with you always.
  • Act 16:31 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
  • Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another.
  • 1John 3:23 Love one another.
  • Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in You.
  • Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
  • Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
  • Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
  • Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
  • Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
  • Psalm 138:1 “I will praise thee with my whole heart”
  • John 10:11 I am the good shepherd.
  • Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

These would be super helpful for your preschool Sunday School or doing family worship with younger children. Please leave a comment below if you have other easy Bible verse you use.
Here is the link to PRINT PRINT this list.

Comments

This is amazing! I teach at a private Christian preschool, and we are beginning a program this year that includes one Bible verse a week. You just made my job very easy, so thank you! I was going to mention “Jesus wept” but I see someone else has beaten me to it. It is the shortest verse in the Bible and the vocabulary word “wept” is very relatable to small children. It is also a chance to discuss emotions, and WHY Jesus wept–because of His great LOVE! God Bless and thanks again!

2. Alaina says

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. This was the first verse I did with my almost 3 yr old and my 20 month old. Even my 20 month old can say it with the actions we made up to go with it.

3. Nancy Wetkos says

You are right! Even the elder ones needs it.I am going to key to to these verses and make sure I memorize them,too.We all need it!

4. Nancy Wetkos says

Waoh!This verses are just great,and wonderful comments and contributions we have below..May we continue to thirst for Gods word,amen.

5. Nmerole sunday says

Exodus. 14:14 “The Lord shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.

6. Kula B Fofana says

Thank you so much for helping my Newly established preschool.pupils age 3-4 years old.They have already learn *Hebrews13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday,today and forever.*John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

7. Twila says

These versus were most helpful – putting together a picture calendar for my granddaughter and want to add some of these verses – thank you so much!!
    Twila

8. Jennifer says

In Crystal’s post, Psalm 36:19 does not exist… Any idea what the correct reference should be?

9. Jack says

Crystal had 1 reference wrong: *Matthew 26:6 – “He is not here. He has Risen”

IT SHOULD BE Matthew 28:6

10. brian says

Thanks for this. This is very encouraging. It even encougages elderely people to read the bible

11. Lindsey says

Thank you for sharing your lists! I’m so eager to getting started working on Scripture memory with my 3-yr-old!

12. homeschool mom says

This is a wonderful list for children with speech problems, and children with special needs that are older. Often verses have too many complex words for them to say.

13. hepsibha says

Luke-14:9 – There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner.
    let ‘s gods presence be upon us and guide us.
    may god bless us.

14. eliza pia says

am so much blessed to have you guys!
    may the Lord give u more wisdom & knowledge, so I (we) could impart,too!
    God bless….

15. jan says

.. reviewed from my Bible the KJV but some texts are being cut .. :) but thanks .. it helps a lot ..

16. Philip says

I am very amazed at dis very composed,i must say am vry grateful, tanks vry much 4 dis list.

17. Helen says

Just what I needed for students to focus on during the summer break.

Thank you!!!

18. Jen says

I was amazed how my son – who at the time wasn’t even 2 – memorized all of Ephesians 6:1 and Proverbs 17:22 – we take out portions of the verse to help them out when in fact they have a better memory than we do! haha This is the time to have them memorize – most of my Bible memory is still there from AWANA growing up. Very important to memorize, but after we grow up, we forget this!

19. Nicole says

We’ve taught our son, who’s currently 2 1/2:
    Deuteronomy 6:5: “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, all thy soul, and all thy might!”
    Ephesians 6:1: “Children obey your parents”
    Ephesians 4:32: “Be ye kind one to another”
    1 Thessalonians 5:17: “Pray without ceasing.”

20. Rose says

Thank you for this helpful list! The very first verse my 20 month old daughter memorized was Genesis 1:1 :)

21. Crystal says

Here are some of the verses I have used in my classes at church for ages 3-5. Some of them I have changed the words but kept the definition so they could better understand them. I also used hand and body gestures to help them remember, so far they work great!

*Romans 12:13 – “Share with God’s people who are in need”
    * John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world, He gave his only son”
    *1 John 4:19 – “We love because God loved us first”
    *Joshua 1:19 – “Be strong and brave because God is with you”
    *Psalm 139:14 – “I praise you because you made me wonderful”
    *Matthew 26:6 – “He is not here. He has Risen”
    *Matthew 5:44 – “Love your enemies and pray for those who are mean to
    you”
    *Psalm 36:19 – “I pray to You, You answer me, because You love me so
    much”

22. belinda says

Thanx a lot I am running a daycare,and these verses will help me a lot!

Trackbacks

Your voice matters -- Share your ideas with other readers.