We’ve expanded this list into 52 memory verses. Check it out.
Everyone needs to start somewhere, that’s why I shared some short Bible verses for kids in a previous post. So many of you responded with more ideas that I wanted to add to that list. So here are 30 more easy scriptures any child can learn.
As with the first list, these are often partial quotes from the verse that contain the main idea. As kids become more confident they can add to what they learn from these easy versions.
- Acts 16:31 – Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved (coloring page)
- Psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to all. (coloring page)
- Genesis 16:13 You are the God who sees. (coloring page)
- Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! (coloring page)
- Proverbs 14:5 A honest witness does not lie, a false witness breaths lies
- Numbers 6:24 The Lord bless you and keep you
- Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
- Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
- 1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands
- Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit
- Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
- Psalm 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
- Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
- Romans 10:13 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
- Romans 3:23 All people have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world.
- Psalm 145:9 The Lord is good to all.
- Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things.
- James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.
- Matthew 28:20 I am with you always.
- Act 16:31 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
- Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another.
- 1John 3:23 Love one another.
- Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in You.
- Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
- Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
- Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
- Psalm 138:1 “I will praise thee with my whole heart”
- John 10:11 I am the good shepherd.
- Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
These would be super helpful for your preschool Sunday School or doing family worship with younger children. Please leave a comment below if you have other easy Bible verse you use.
Here is the link to PRINT this list.