Here is my latest roundup of interesting links from our Big List of Children’s Ministry blogs. I’ve tried to only the most helpful or newsworthy posts. You should know that over 150 articles come through each week, so that is no small task. Enjoy the links!
- Read about the importance of imagination in forming a child’s worldview.
- USA Today reports on the iGeneration, kids born HT: Larry, Brenna, Tamera.
- Getting ready for “What’s in the Bible” from Phil Visher, and people are getting excited
- Download or listen to the “First Steps” child & parent discipleship class..
- Bible Hangman review game
- 101 Ways to Praise a Child
- 13 free children’s Bible lessons based on Hebrews
- How To Build a better meeting
More Practical Help
- Kids Ministry is more than “Childcare”
- “I’m glad I never gave up children’s ministry.”
- What is the Holy Spirit’s Role in Children’s Ministry? by Sam Luce
- Read Kenny’s series “Dear Kidmin Publishers” I say AMEN
- When Teaching Kids – Don’t Lose Sight of You Own Spiritual Journey
- Some good thoughts on being creative in kids ministry
- Is Flannel graph still a tool worth using?
- Take the Wordle challenge with your latest lesson plan or blog.
- Someday is another word for NEVER by Karl Bastian
- A Heart after Children has a new website
- Developing a Vision for your Children’s Ministry
Active Forum Topics
- What to do when kids talk and are bored in your Bible lessons?
- What sort of visual aids do you use when you teach
- Rewards and prizes – what do you do?
Video: The Inviable Woman
Someone sent me this video, it’s about the importance of moms. After watching it you could easily say some of the same things for people serving in kids ministry.