This Sunday I continued my series of New Testament stories in children’s church. This Bible lesson plan for children can be used in Sunday school or children’s church. You can download this lesson plan as a Word document from the following link: Children’s Bible Lesson Plan: Jesus Feeds The Five Thousand from John 6:1-14.
You can also download my other Children’s Church Lesson Plans.
Children’s Church Bible Lesson: Jesus Feeds The Five Thousand
Text: John 6:1-14
(you can also find this story in Matthew 14:13-21; Mark 6:32-44; Luke 9:10-17)
Learning Objectives: After this lesson, children will demonstrate knowledge of the key people and events in this passage … by retelling the story back to the teacher at the end of the session. Key points include:
- Situation: Large crowd follows Jesus up the mountain.
- Problem: No food for all the people.
- Complication: Jesus tells his disciples to feed the crowd.
- Complication: A young boy shares his lunch – but it’s not enough
- Resolution: Jesus performs a miracle by multiplying a small boys gift.
Target Age: Kindergarten – 5th