Here is my roundup of the most interesting, helpful, and newsworthy links in kids ministry this week. Enjoy.
Baby Dedication: Jonathan Cliff wraps up his experience with the child dedication class. Also check out Jared Kennedy’s explanation of why his church does baby dedication.
Relating to Kids: Rags Studio offers some great tips for making small-talk with kids.
Calling & Vision: Same Luce asks, “Are you called to children’s ministry?” Also check out his post on having a vision for kids ministry. Speaking of vision, I saw this powerful video on Tony Morgan’s blog.
Money Talks: North Point Kids offers some great reasons why budgets matter in kids ministry. Also check out 10 ways that children’s ministry leaders can save money from Lemon Lime Kids.
Families at Church: Family style seating is a practical idea to help families worship together at church. Also check this post about making worship truly inter-generational.
Leadership: It seems like leadership was the default topic this week. Here are some helpful posts related to leading in the church.
- Henry Zonio lists some unusually great books for leadership insights.
- Pudge Huckaby shares some great quotes by Walt Disney.
- Karl Bastian writes about his church shopping experience and even found the First Church of Atari.
- Mark Steiner writes about balancing spiritual growth for kids, and has a nifty graphic too.
- Pastors at growing churches give priority to children & family ministry, at least that’s the story in one evangelical denomination.
- Jim Wideman wraps up his “Delegate or Die” series.
Something Fun: Enjoy these funny rules for children’s ministry from the Children’s Ministry Monthly blog.
Something Creative: Justyn Smith asked a great question after visiting a children’s museum. What if we created a place where kids could discover and learn about God at their own pace?
Want More? Then check out the Big List of Children’s Ministry Blogs