We are thrilled to announce that our curriculum writer, Bethany Darwin, is embarking on an exciting new project! You may know her name from all her lessons on Ministry-To-Children and curriculum on the Sunday School Store.
As an author and ministry leader, Bethany has already made a profound impact on the lives of countless children and their families. But with this new project, she is poised to take her work to the next level.
If you’re looking for a resource to teach your children about the Bible, then you should definitely check out Big Truth Bible Lessons for Kids! This website offers a wide range of Bible lessons for kids, presented with exceptional depth.
More about Bethany Darwin
Who writes Big Truth Bible Lessons?
All Big Truth Bible Lessons are written by Bethany Darwin.
It’s such a joy serving alongside so many churches in teaching children God’s Word. As I write I am thinking and praying for you all as you faithfully proclaim God’s Word week in and week out to the kids in your church.
Here is a little bit about me and what drives me to write curriculum. I have a BA in Human Development and Family Studies (Samford University (1997) and an MA in Christian Children’s Education (Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary). I spent 20+ years working full-time in children’s ministry, both in the US and in Dubai, before coming home to raise my son. During those years in ministry, I discovered gaps in the available curriculum and often struggled to find a curriculum that worked in my church setting. It was this discovery that awakened a passion in me for writing children’s ministry curriculum. I am a member of Bethany Bible Church in Thousand Oaks, CA where I teach ages 3-4.
Along with writing for Big Truth Bible Lessons, I also write for the Sunday School Store, Ministry to Children, Christian Focus Publishers and have several self-published books available on Amazon. In the past I was a staff writer for Orange Curriculum.
Why Big Truth?
Today’s world tells kids that there is no such thing as absolute truth, but the Bible is clear that is not true. In John 14:6, Jesus declares Himself to be “the way, THE TRUTH and the life.” Out of this one BIG TRUTH comes so many other truths. If Jesus is the TRUTH, then we can believe that He is the only way to the Father and that life is found in Him alone. We can believe that He is God incarnate and that He died to pay the price for sin, and so much more.
Every Big Truth Bible Lesson is built on a BIG TRUTH found in the Bible!
What are the distinguishing factors of Big Truth Bible Lessons?
- Gospel Driven – every Big Truth Bible lesson contains clear connections to the cross. At Big Truth we want every child to know the good news of Jesus and to know that the cross is about every day, not just Easter!
- Bible Saturated – full of activities that encourage kids to actively be in the Word. We believe that knowing God comes through hearing His Word, so all ages are kids are in the Word in every lesson!
- Theologically Rich – We believe that no one is too young to learn the Big Truths of the Bible. We don’t shy aware from big words and deep truths, but instead teach them in age appropriate ways. For more on what we mean by being theologically rich, check out this article entitled “Don’t be Afraid of the Big Gospel Words when Teaching Children.”
- Teacher Friendly – most Big Truth Lessons are scripted (so teachers can print and go… although we do recommend some prep time). All the materials are right there in the lesson, so all you need are a few simple resources like crayons, paper and maybe a bean bag.
- We Believe No One is Too Young for the Gospel – We offer a wide range of lessons written especially for toddlers and preschoolers, helping them to experience God and His Word from the very beginning. Our lessons start with toddlers, but if you want ideas on how to incorporate the gospel in the nursery, check out this article entitled, “Remembering the Gospel in the Nursery.”
- Written for 60-90 minutes with plenty of activities – in fact most churches say we have too many activities to choose from, which allows you to teach what works best in your situation.
- Large group/ small group format with suggested song links – Most of our elementary lessons are written with a large group/ small group format with activities for various age groups. Suggestions are also given for how to teach in small groups or all ages together.
- Lessons are Well Tested – All Big Truth Bible Lessons were written to be taught in a local church by the teacher. Big Truth Bible Lessons have been taught around the world by hundred of churches over the course of 20 years. Whole generations have been impacted by these lessons.
- Budget Friendly – We want everyone to have access to quality Sunday School materials, so we keep our prices lower than all the big curriculum publishers, saving you money!
- Easy to download, email, and print – everything comes PDF files, all teachers can download their own copy of everything. Plus, most of our materials have a Word file, so you can edit lessons to best work in your church.