I am convinced that if you and I, and the children we teach really understood how God sees us, we’d be far happier and more victorious than we currently are. God is superior to us in every way and that includes His perception of us or how He sees us. Break out the picture frames and teach this object lesson! It’s easy to do and your students will have a greater understanding of who they are in God. Ready?
What You’ll Need:
- Large picture frames, no glass just the frames (You could also make some from cardboard.)
- The following verses on slips of paper
- A glass bowl or jar
- Camera phone or camera
- I am a new creation in Him! Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come. 2 Cor. 5:17
- I am righteous and holy. And to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:24
- I have been born again by the Holy Spirit: Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.” John 3:3-6
- I shine like a star in the night. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky. Philipphians 2:15
- I am a winner. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:37
- I have royalty in my veins and lead with integrity. I am chosen and called by God to produce fruit.
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:16 1 Peter 2:9
- God picked me and wants me to bear fruit. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:16
Prepare to Teach:
Print the verses on slips of paper and put the folded slips in the bowl or jar. Set the jar and frames on your teaching table. Have a phone with a camera or a digital camera on hand if you want to take pictures.
You know, it’s sometimes hard to remember who we truly are to God. Sometimes I feel like a failure. Sometimes I feel like a princess! I feel different things at different times about myself. I bet if you were honest you could related to that. See? Our perception of who we are can change but God’s view of us never changes. Even if we have a bad day! Or a bad week! One by one, I am going to invite each of you up here to hold a picture frame and read a verse from the jar. Each verse tells us who we are in God. Let’s go! Who’s first!
Invite each child to come up and hold a frame and read the verse. You might have to help them. Take some pictures of the kids holding the frames. Send each parent a picture of their child with the verse underneath. It’s a great take-home activity they can share with their parents.
Read more from Mimi by following her blog at Tools for Kids Church.