My name is Tony Kummer. I started Ministry-To-Children in 2007 with one simple mission:
Help you tell kids about Jesus.
That’s why this website is 100% free and everything is easy to print.
There is nothing to buy — just real help for children’s ministry.
I know ministry can be lonely and feel like a struggle, but people like us keep serving because we know God loves these children!
Here’s a little about me:
- I’m a graduate of Boyce Bible College (B.A. 2003) and the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (M.A. in Children Education, 2008).
- I served as full-time children’s pastor in a smaller church for 10 years before following a call to mission work in Haiti.
- I’m back in the USA now, in a small town in Indiana. I work as administrative assistant at my church, drive a school bus for the public school, and devote as much time as possible to making this website more helpful for you.
- I’ve written for some of the best christian publishers, but my passion is helping fellow children’s ministers like you.
I am truly honored by the trust church leaders have placed in our ministry. I love to hear ways to improve this website, so leave a comment on any page or email me directly: Tony@ministry-to-children.com
Why Trust Ministry-To-Children?
All our resources are reviewed for faithfulness to God’s Word,
All our writers are experienced ministry leaders
All our material was first used in local churches
All 100% free
The website is always free.
You don’t have to do ministry alone. We are here to help, encourage, and celebrate what God is doing through your service.
Our website serves big and little churches, from many denominations, all around the world. Our readers include pastors, Sunday School teachers, homeschool parents, and Christian school teachers. We often hear from missionary families too!
The best part, we never charge a single penny for the help they find on our pages. It’s all 100% free to download, print, and share. In fact, we have a “please copy” policy for all our content. We want churches, bloggers, homeschoolers and everyone else to freely repurpose or share our materials. No need to ask – use it for God’s glory.
It all started a God-sized idea…
Children’s ministry should not be so hard! What if there was a place online to get help? What if that website was completely free? What if the whole thing was just about serving others?
That was the question back in 2007 when Ministry-To-Children quietly made it’s debut. It was just Tony Kummer, working in a small church and sharing what he was learning with others. The posts started adding up and website readers started telling their friends. He recruited more writers. The focus shifted to building a free resource that would solve ministry problems.
With God’s help, this dream kept getting bigger.
Readers from 200 different countries now frequent this website. Every week more people find help for their ministry. We are one small part of how God is working in the lives of millions of children.
Meet Our Writers
We have assembled an amazing team of talented curriculum writers, all of them actively serving God’s kids through their own local churches just like you. We are a grassroots kind of operation, learning as we go and sharing everything God has given.
Bethany Darwin, curriculum writer: Bethany is a full-time homemaker who recently ‘retired’ from children’s ministry after serving for 20 years at 4 different churches including most recently 13 years at the United Christian Church of Dubai. She is a graduate of Samford University where she studied Human Development and Family Studies (BA – 1997) and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (MA in Christian Education – Children’s Ministry – 2000). She loves to write materials to help children better understand the Gospel and has written for several publications and has several books in the plans in the near future. She also spends at lot of her free time writing a food blog and preparing her home for their first child who will be joining their family through adoption soon.
Mandy Groce, illustrator: Mandy brings a wealth of teaching skill to every Bible illustration. She is a visual artist, full-time mother, and active volunteer in her local church. Beyond her art, she is the author of two children’s books. Her desire is to use her writing to honor God and serve Him well. See more of her paper goods downloads on her website Paper Zinnia.
Kristin Schmidt, curriculum writer: Kristin teaches preschool in Athens, Georgia. When she isn’t teaching or waiting tables at her “tent-making” job, Kristin works with children and youth ministry at her church, leading Sunday School and summer programs. An avid runner, she also coaches middle school track and cross-country. Kristin enjoys baking, reading, playing the flute, and studying random trivia.
Mimi Bullock, curriculum writer: Mimi has served in ministry for over 15 years. She is the author of four books and hundreds of children’s ministry lessons. You’ll find her work full of creativity and passion for kids to know Jesus personally.
More About Ministry-To-Children:
Our goal is to encourage and help you as you serve God’s kids. All website content is 100% free to use offline in your church or Christian ministry. As we have said,
We are not a bookstore. We are not a big publishing company. We are not a paid membership site. We are simply an online resource to help you tell kids about Jesus. If your passion is reaching and teaching kids, then this blog is for you.
Readers are encouraged to reprint and share our content in any way that will serve others.
c/o Tony Kummer
430 Oak St.
Sellersburg, IN 47172
We will never share your email address with a third party. We value your privacy. Our comments require valid email for follow-up and to prevent spam comments. Our e-mail newsletter requires a “double opt-in” process and is easy to unsubscribe. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website, like Google Adsense. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here. You can also more of our disclosure policy regarding reviews & giveaways.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is our “Statement of Faith”?
We want all children to know the love and salvation in Jesus Christ!
Each of our writers hold to a Bible-believing evangelical approach to the Christian Faith. Our team is from all different types of Bible-believing churches. The editorial policy verifies no content is at odds with the Baptist Faith & Message (2000). That said, we greatly respect our brothers & sisters of all Christian denominations. Therefore we avoid the debated points that separate believers – meaning we leave it up to your local churches to share their own views on the ordinances and government of the local church. We believe those matters are beyond the scope of our ministry. When you simply teach the Bible, those hot topics don’t usually come up in kids ministry!
As always, study to show yourself approved! Learn from our material but teach from your own convictions of what God’s Word is saying.
Website Index by Category
- 1 Chronicles
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 John
- 1 Kings
- 1 Peter
- 1 Samuel
- 1 Thessalonians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Chronicles
- 2 Corinthians
- 2 John
- 2 Kings
- 2 Peter
- 2 Samuel
- 2 Thessalonians
- 2 Timothy
- 3 John
- 66 Books of the Bible Coloring Pages
- Back To School
- Bible Alphabet Coloring Book
- Bible Games for Kids
- Bible Skits for Kids
- Bible Worksheets
- Blog Madness
- Cartoons Style
- Children & Prayer
- Children & Salvation
- Children Desiring God Conference
- Children's Ministry Activities
- Children's Ministry Leadership
- Children's Ministry Links
- Children's Worship Music
- Christian Parenting
- Christmas Ideas
- Church Nursery
- Coloring Pages
- Connecting Church and Home Conference
- Easter Ideas
- Encouragement & Vision
- Family Devotions
- Family Ministry
- Father's Day Ideas
- Featured This Week
- Free Christian Coloring Pages for Kids
- Gods Good Rules – The 10 Commandments
- Haiti Mission Project
- Jesus Coloring Pages
- Learning Activities
- Lectionary Sunday School Lessons for Kids
- Lesson Plans
- Memory Verses
- Mother's Day Ideas
- Object Lessons
- Older Elementary (9 – 12 year olds)
- Palm Sunday
- Praise God Through the Psalms
- Preschool Bible songs
- Preschool Lessons (3 – 5 year olds)
- Prevent Child Abuse
- Seasonal & Holiday Resources
- Sermons for Kids
- Servanthood for Kids
- Song of Solomon
- Special Needs Ministry
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Summer Ministry
- Teacher Tips
- Think Tank
- Toddler Lessons
- Topics in Ministry
- Training Workshops
- Vacation Bible School Tips
- Valentines Day
- VBS Themes
- Video Bible Stories
- Website News
- What is God Like?
- Who was…? Study on Bible Characters
- Younger Elementary (6 – 8 years old)
- Youth Ministry
Featured & Popular Resources
- The Walk: 4 Lessons on Following Jesus
- Children’s Sermon (Matthew 4:12-23) Object Lesson on “Fishers of Men”
- Jesus Calls Disciples (Matthew 4:12-22) Sunday School Lesson
- Sunday School Lesson “Fishers of Friends” Matthew 4:12-23
- The Story of Creation for Kids
- “Why We Have Rules” Lesson #1 in the 10 Commandments for Kids
- Top 10 Bible Verses about Children – What Jesus Said
- Even the Smallest Sunday School Matters to God
- Funny Job Requirements for Kids Pastors
- Does God Call People as Children’s Ministers
- God Is In The Church Nursery
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Serve In Children’s Ministry
- Is Your Kids Ministry Becoming Spiritually Toxic?
- 110 Reasons to Love Children’s Ministry
- How To Start a Children’s Ministry
- Preschool Ministry: More Than Babysitting
- “The Calling” Print this Encouraging Poem about Kids Ministry
- How to Start Right as the New Children’s Minister
- When Children Leave Your Ministry
- Leading Your Children’s Church through Tough Times
- The Top 4 Myths About Children’s Pastors
- Best Advice to a New Kids Pastor
- 7 Reasons to Serve in the Church Nursery
- 5 Reasons Why Kids Need Children’s Church
- New Children’s Ministry Statistics (2019) How do kids come to Christ?
- Sunday School Lessons for Kids
- God’s Good Rules: A Study for Children on the 10 Commandments
- About Us
- Free Children’s Church Curriculum
- Contents & Advanced Search
- Children’s Ministry Homepage
- 101 Sunday School Games (Fun & Easy) Bible Activities
- Bible Coloring Pages for Kids
- Bible Lessons for Kids
- Thanksgiving Sunday School Lesson & Kids Bible Activities
- Christian Coloring Pages for Kids
- Preschool Bible Lessons for Sunday School
- Why is Children’s Ministry So Important?
- Christmas Ideas for Children’s Ministry
- Sunday School Crafts
- How to Plan VBS – Tips, Ideas, Daily Schedule
- Thanks for joining!
- 14 Creation Coloring Pages
- 15 Kids Worship Songs (with Video)
- Children’s Bible Lessons
- Share Your Ministry Ideas
- Free Gospel Coloring Book: Jesus is King!
- New Resources & Ideas
- Ministerio para niños en Español
- Enseignement biblique auprès des enfants en français
- Add Our Badges To Your Website
- The Big List of Children’s Ministry Blogs