Try these creative ides to add a hands-on craft activity to your next Sunday School class. Browse our featured ideas below or use our search feature to look for a specific Bible story or lesson theme. Like all our resources, these crafts are 100% and easy to print.
Easy Bible Crafts for Kids Sunday School
- Bible Craft Activities: The Pharisee and the Tax Collector Download our printable Bible craft directions for these two ideas based on Luke 18:9-14, “The Parable of ...
- “Scripture, God’s Word” Craft ideas about the Bible Use the link below to download this Sunday School Crafts for teaching kids about the Bible, God’s ...
- “Faith” Bible Craft Ideas for Sunday School Faith can be a challenging thing to explain, visualize, or describe. But there are some great Bible ...
Are you looking for a craft idea for your Bible story? Do you need just the right craft idea to supplement your lesson plan? This page lists several of the craft resources from our website and then links to other popular website that post children’s church crafts. Our video demonstrations and easy print directions take the hassle out of planning activities for your class.
The Bible teaches that Jesus is like both a lion and a lamb! Appropriate Age: K-5 (The younger the children the longer the craft will take. I recommend separating the lion and the lamb into two Sundays for K-2) Time Needed: 30 minutes for craft alone depending upon how much the teacher preps ahead of time and how many adults helpers you have.
Target Age: 2nd-5th grade Key Verse: John 3:8 “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” Time Needed: 20 minutes for the craft only (The children may spend a long time decorating their pinwheel. The length of craft depends on how detailed your children will want to decorate. You know your children best and can judge how long this craft will take.)
Try this easy paper crown craft project for kids to remind them Jesus is King. All you will need is the template below, card stock printing paper, coloring markers, child-friendly scissors, and a stapler. We used this cut-out crown in our Wednesday night children’s ministry. It would also be useful as a Sunday School or VBS craft.
Here is a beautiful craft project we used in our children’s ministry. The idea was to protect a portion of paper with masking tape as the children painted around it. Once dry, we removed the masking tape to reveal the shape of a cross. The page includes this verse from Hebrews 7:25.
More than ever, children need to learn to trust God’s promises for their own lives. This simple activity is designed with that end in mind. It would be appropriate as part of a lesson on God’s promise to Noah or any lesson on God’s promises.
If you’re in a pinch, simply pick one of our easy print PDF coloring sheets. We have hundreds of options available – all 100% free and ready to use in your Sunday School this weekend.
More Church Projects & Activity Ideas for Children
When children make a project about God, they create a memory and tactile connection with the Bible verse they just learned in class. Themes like thankfulness, the Gospel, the Holy Spirit, how to praise Jesus, and love. It’s more than cutting up paper, gluing it back together, and adding some painted colors. It’s a time of hands-on reflection on the truth they are learning. It’s also a powerful reminder when that project sits at home in their bedroom.
We asked Google, “Why are arts and crafts important?”
Arts and craft activities help instill a sense of achievement and pride in children, boosting their self-confidence. The opportunity to create whatever a child desires helps foster creativity. A child will learn to make correct and effective decisions by facing and solving artistic challenges.
When creating an arts and crafts project, children are able to develop their fine motor skills. … Art also allows for your child to expand their essential vocabulary. They’ll learn the names of different shapes, colors, and materials without it seeming like a chore or a memorization exercise.
As kids manipulate a paintbrush, their fine motor skills improve. … Most important perhaps, when kids feel good while they are creating, art helps boost self-confidence. And children who feel able to experiment and to make mistakes feel free to invent new ways of thinking, which extends well beyond the craft room
Craft Video Demonstrations: Cullen’s ABCs is and awesome resource for crafts projects. The video demonstrations are always helpful and make doing these craft projects easy.
DLTK’s Bible Activities: A site full of class activities, printable projects, free coloring pages, Bible story crafts and more.
Danielle’s Place: Reaching children through free Bible crafts for children and activities for kids church. You will find hundreds of inexpensive crafts and religious activities for children. Most of the crafts and activities on this site are Bible-based and are great to use in Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, preschool, and home school.
Kids Bible Crafts For Sunday School
Christian Preschool Printable: A website that offers free downloads and printable resources for children’s ministry projects.
Children’s Bible Crafts Projects & Activities
Faith Kids Sunday School Bible Improve your Bible Curriculum for Sunday school with kids craft and activity resources. Ideal for church teachers and Children’s Ministry. Featuring age graded printable Bible crafts and kids activity pages, Bible story coloring pages, and resources for children age 3 to 13.
Kids Sunday School Place: provides kids Bible lessons and craft projects. They also have ideas for kids crafts, object lessons, children’s church games, activities, skits, stories, songs, and teaching tips. Includes a topical index.
Browse all our Sunday School Crafts
- Bible Craft Activities: The Pharisee and the Tax Collector
- “Scripture, God’s Word” Craft ideas about the Bible
- “Faith” Bible Craft Ideas for Sunday School
- “Give Thanks – Say Thanks” Bible Craft Ideas
- 3 Bible Crafts Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Kids Bible Crafts: Giving & Stewardship
- Bible Crafts (Putting God First) for Sunday School
- 5 Sheep Crafts for Sunday School “I am Jesus’ Little Lamb”
- Kids Paper Crown – Printable Craft Template & Video
- 10 Best Easter Crafts for Sunday School
- Easter Cross (Simple Printable) Craft for Kids
- Palm Sunday Craft for Kids (Easy Paper Leaf)
- Folding a Palm Sunday Cross Craft
- Creation Craft Ideas: Group Marker Mural Project
- Easter Craft: The Empty Tomb
- Free Christmas Craft Ideas For Kids
- Jesus Turns Water to Wine Craft for Kids (John 2:1-11)
- Heart Craft For Sunday School
- Thanksgiving Craft: How to Make a Thankful Poster
- “God Created” Craft Project for Children
- Olympic Medal Craft for Children
- Sunday School Crafts
- Craft Idea for Teacher Appreciation
- Looking for Craft Ideas Besides Coloring Pages
- “Christian Flag” Snack & Craft Idea for July 4th
- Holy Spirit “Pinwheel” Craft for Sunday School
- Printable “Jesus is the Bread of Life” Craft Booklet (John 6:35)
- Father’s Day Craft (Hand Painting in Sunday School)
- The Lion and the Lamb: A Paper Plate Craft
- How To Make Play Dough (Video & Recipe)
- Jesus Raises a Woman’s Son from the Dead Craft
- Creation Spin Wheel Craft
- No Mess Activities for Children’s Church
- Springtime Crafts for Children
- “I Believe Wall” Faith Building Activity for Children
- Winter Crafts Ideas for Children
- Heaven Mobile Craft Project
- “God’s Promises” Rainbow Booklet Craft
- Autumn Themed Craft Ideas
- Craft: How to Make a Prayer Cube for Kids
- Big Picture Bible Mural Art Project
- Easy Easter Crafts for Busy Teachers
- The Gospel on Easter Sunday: A Cross Shapebook Craft
- Hand Painting Craft for Kids Ministry