Salvation is not exclusively reserved for an elite group of people, but God calls all to know and love Him. Everyone is invited to be part of the family of the Lord, which we can rejoice in. We see this illustrated in the story of Peter and Cornelius in Acts 10. These crafts celebrate that story and its truths. A special invitation recalls how we are all invited and embraced because of Jesus. A Peter Paper Puppet recounts the story itself. Let’s get crafting…you’re invited!
Don’t miss our complete Acts 10:34-43 Sunday School Lesson and related Children’s Sermon Object Lesson. You can also find bonus teaching help for the Gentiles Hearing the Good News lesson.
Craft one: “Invited by Love”
You will need:
- String or ribbon
- Markers and/or crayons
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Glue, tape, or stapler
- Hole punch (optional)
- Extra decorations as desired
- Cut paper or cardstock into shapes, and attach together in card format.
- Add captions and verses, with special heart-shaped designs where appropriate.
- Create a general or specific invitation to use as a give-away or decoration.
- Add extra decorations as needed. Give the invitations away or hang to recall God’s special invitationto His family!
Craft Two: “Peter Paper Puppet”
You will need:
- Construction paper or card stock
- Decorations (stickers, glitter, etc.)
- Tape or glue
- Paper bag
- Animal crackers
1. Decorate paper bag to resemble a puppet, adding facial features and “clothing” as desired.
2. Place animal crackers onto the puppet to recall the vision Peter had.
3. Add verses or captions, and extra decorations as desired.
4. Use the puppet to help tell the story and/or to remember the special message Peter gave after receiving God’s vision!
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider… (Acts 10:34-43)
You are invited!
No unclean foods…or people!
All are welcome.
We are all in God’s family!
And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” -Acts 10:42-43