Most children look forward to game time in Sunday School. This page links to our best Sunday school games. We’ve posted over 100 different ideas, so our search page to find even more.
Game time can can be simple and short, as long as it’s fun. Many teachers use this game time as a reward for good participation in the Bible lesson.
Choosing (or inventing) a good Bible game can even reinforce the lesson plan. Of course, games work great in children’s church or almost any children’s ministry setting.
Sunday School Games for Kids
- Encouragement Game for Sunday School: This is a simple game I’ve used to teach the kids about building up others. I first used it to help some of my foster children to use positive words – a great need!
- Fruit of the Spirit Game: Here is a fun activity game to help children remember this important Bible truth. It’s called “Upset Fruit Basket.” Here is another option using sidewalk chalk.
- “That’s Impossible” Game for Children’s Church: This basketball inspired game will teach kids they need Jesus’ help to obey the Bible.
- 5 Bible Memory Games for Children’s Bible Verses: Here are some options to help make learning Bible verses more engaging.
- Silent Football Game: This is a group game that might work better if you have some open space, but it could be modified to fit a Sunday School classroom.
- Kids Bible Trivia Game: Try these Bible knowledge questions to round out your Sunday School class.
- Post-It Note Games: Here are five creative activities for Sunday School using post-it notes. This is a life saver if you have dead time at the end of your Bible lesson.
- Games for Children’s Church: This is a post I wrote back in 2008 that links out to helpful websites that have children’s church games.
- Sunday School & Inside Games: This topic came up in our forums and some good ideas were passed around.
- 3 Active Games for Kids Church: Great for ice breakers or to burn off a little energy.
- 9 Classic Group Games for Children: These are tested and true options that kids will love.
Outside or Gym Friendly Games
- Object Freeze Tag Game: This is a fun spin on classic tag. With a few simple items you can make it work in your VBS or children’s ministry.
- VBS Game “Drip, Drip, Drop” is similar to duck, duck, goose — except with a wet sponge!
- Awana Game Idea “The M&M’s Gauntlet”
- Large Group Games for Children’s Ministry: This topic came up in our children’s ministry forums. This thread has several helpful ideas for games at church.
- Captain Midnight Game for Kids Ministry: This is a large group game that works best if you have a gym or outside area.
- Large Group Children’s Ministry Game: North-South-Central is a handy game when you have a large open space.
- Quiet Ball Game: Another fun game to try at church. This one is a big favorite for kids and it can be done without causing too much noise.
- Try these VBS games when you need a high-energy group game for your children’s ministry – plus they won’t break your budget.
Some other great websites for Games!
We love all the creative ideas for kids ministry on the internet – that’s why we posted so many! Here are a few other websites where you can get more help!
- Group’s Children Ministry Magazine shared 10 indoor game ideas for kids. This is a page you should print off and have reading in your Sunday School folder!
- Kids Sunday School Place offers some of their best game ideas free, if you buy a membership you get even more!