This page lists our free curriculum for children’s Sunday School. The first section features single week “stand-alone” lesson. The second section lists our multi-week curriculum units.
Table of Contents
- What lessons are recommended for this Sunday?
- Where can I get easy print PDF lesson plans?
- What longer curriculum units are available?
- God’s Good Rules (10 Commandments) 12 lessons
- What is God Like? (Attributes of God) 42 lessons
- Praise God through the Psalms – 36 lessons
- The Walk (Following Jesus) 4 lessons
- How to Win Against Sin (Armor of God) 9 lessons
- The Lord’s Prayer – 10 lessons
- Parables of Jesus – 9 lessons
- Browse more from our older curriculum
Free Downloads from Sunday School Works!
- The post The Vine and the Branches (John 15:1-8) Sunday School Lesson and Activities appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Jesus Predicts His Own Death (John 12:20-33) Sunday School Lesson and Activities appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post For God So Loved the World (John 3:14-21) Sunday School Lessons and Activities appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Jesus Clears the Temple (John 2:13-22) Sunday School Lesson and Activities appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Jesus Foretells His Suffering (Mark 8:31-38) Sunday School Lesson and Activities appeared first on Sunday School Works.
100% Free Curriculum for Sunday School
Curriculum on the 10 Commandments
12-Week Study based on the Ten Commandments for Kids
This new Bible curriculum includes coloring pages, games, and craft ideas for each lesson. Kids will discover the truth of God’s law, their trouble to obey, and the free salvation Jesus offers on account of the cross.
42 Week Curriculum on the Attributes of God
42 unit study based on the Attributes of God for kids
One of the most important tasks of anyone in charge of children’s ministry is that of deciding what truth to teach the children under your care. In my years as a children’s ministry director it was one task that I took very seriously. There were so many things I wanted the children in our church to know, but as I listed them out, they all boiled down to the gospel: who is God?, who is man? and what did Jesus do? With these three simple questions and spiritual guidelines in mind I started forming our children’s materials.
32 Week Curriculum on the Psalms
32 Sunday School Lessons based on the Book of Psalms
God deserves praise! That’s why the book of book of Psalms is a wonderful example of spiritual worship. This 32 lesson curriculum will help children understand and experience the character of God and respond with praise.
Following Jesus Curriculum Series
4-week practical training for kids on following Jesus.
This study is filled with practical help for kids as they learn to follow after Jesus and experience his power in daily life. True wisdom comes from God and following his ways. This 4-part study for kids shows what it means to follow Jesus in everyday life. This curriculum is available for-sale from our ministry partner The Sunday School Store.
The Armor of God Bible Study Series
9-week curriculum for training kids in the Armor of God
The Armor of God is a great passage of Scripture to teach to children. It is visual and has immediate, real world applications for them. The 9 lesson unit covers Ephesians 6 verse 10-20. It is entitled “How to Win Against Sin” because our real battle is against sin, and with Jesus, we can win.
The Lord’s Prayer Curriculum
The Lord’s Prayer (includes coloring book)
10-lesson Sunday School curriculum based on the Jesus’ model prayer
Use our 10 part study to teach the Lord’s Prayer for Kids from Matthew 6 verse 9-13. In many churches, kids will memorize and recite this passage as a foundation for spiritual habits of prayer. Our curriculum and printables will reinforce that process and help kids discover the meaning in each petition of Jesus’ model prayer.
The Parables of Jesus Curriculum
Story time with Jesus This 9-unit curriculum is based on the teachings of Jesus .
Kids learn best through storytelling (just like the first disciples) – that’s why teaching the parables of Jesus is perfect for Sunday School and Junior Church. This 9 lesson curriculum is 100% free to download an teach. Every verse of the Bible is important but the words of Jesus offer spiritual power for all disciples to obey.
Already have a theme or Bible story in mind? Use our search tool to find the teacher guides, lesson activities, curriculum, crafts, and for your class. We post Sunday’s lessons from the International Sunday School Lesson – Uniform Series. You will also see Bible studies based on the Gospel reading in the Revised Common Lectionary.
More Free Sunday School Curriculum
Some of these are older units that are scheduled for updating, they are still available but may need more teacher preparation before you teach them in Sunday School.
- Life of Jesus (10 lessons – discover the way Jesus minister to the people and offers his salvation to all)
- Fruit of the Spirit (9 lesson studies for kids to discover the spiritual fruits)
- Days of Creation – Sunday School Lesson (studies on the truth about the beginning of the world, includes creation coloring pages and printable paperback mini-book)
- Toddlers Knowing God (8 lessons for training the nursery in the basics of God’s character to start their faith strong)
- Book of James (5 studies lessons on this practical New Testament book)
Age Specific Curriculum
- Preschool Sunday School Curriculum (3 – 5 year olds) grades Prek-k
- Younger Elementary Curriculum (6 – 9 year olds) grades K-3
- Older Elementary Curriculum (9 – 12 year olds – grades 3-6)
Education Activities for Sunday School
- Bible Coloring (300 pages)
- Bible Skits for Kids – fun for youth groups
- Bible Worksheets – digital downloads
- Children’s Worship Music – multimedia videos & audio
- Sunday School Crafts – hands on ways to examine the spiritual meaning in each Sunday School lesson
- 101 Sunday School Games – fun for youth groups too
- Memory Verses – experience the power of hiding God’s truth in your heart
- PowerPoint – digital multimedia presentations
- Multimedia Video Bible Stories
- Sunday School Curriculum Training – help new leaders gain experience and address common challenges in teaching the Bible to kids
- Kings of Israel (28 studies, includes the history of King David and an account of the struggle of the Hebrews to obey God’s covenant.)
- Book of Acts (34 unit curriculum will examine the history of the disciples & early Church leaders. Discover how the Holy Spirit was working in the creation of the Church.)
- Sanctity of Life (5 lessons – key verse studies that examine the gift of life in God’s creation and address contemporary issues with God’s truth)
- Tough Questions Kids Ask (9 lessons -address the big spiritual questions with the truth from the Bible. Examine and discover how to obey God’s Word in modern life.)
- Bible Organization (3 lessons – ideal for classes of new believers)
- Object Talk Messages (200+ lessons) includes sample audio video multimedia teaching examples. Follows the current year cycle of 52 weeks curriculum.
Seasonal Curriculum & Holidays Lessons
Our Sunday School curriculum has special holiday lessons. Chose from the list of teacher guides and studies below:
Lectionary Reference for this Sunday
- Acts 8:26-40 * Psalm 22:25-31 * 1 John 4:7-21 * John 15:1-8
Scripture Reflection & Personal Bible Study
- These “John 14:15-21 devotions explain the promise that Jesus would send a comforting Holy Spirit. We’ve compiled the following devotionals to help you grow in your faith and understanding of God’s Word. Use them for personal Bible study or when preparing a sermon or Sunday School lesson on this passage. […]
- These “John 14:1-14” devotions explain the powerful claim that Jesus is the only way to God. We’ve compiled the following devotionals to help you grow in your faith and understanding of God’s Word. Use them for personal Bible study or when preparing a sermon or Sunday School lesson on this […]
About our Digital Studies
Because all our teacher guides are free online in digital download & print – you never need to order samples. Just click through to the lesson and select the PDF download of the curriculum. Even if you purchase paperback curriculum on a regular cycle, our Sunday School lesson can give help buildup your studies with Bible based ideas. When you add our studies to your regular planning, you’ll become a stronger teacher.
Please email us if you have any suggestions if you or minister leaders have ideas to improve these classes.
Free Sunday School Curriculum from Other Websites
Bible Education Resources and Online Curriculum
The following websites have a good selection of free Sunday School curriculum for children. Many Christian education companies offer printed editions of for sale. However, there is plenty of free help to keep you busy for many months.
- Praise Factory (Sunday School curriculum for all ages)
- Calvary Curriculum (325 lessons)
- Christian Answers Net (various lessons)
- Kids Sunday School Curriculum (paid site with free samples)
The index by scripture reference is a work in progress. For each book of the Bible you will find a variety of lessons, crafts, coloring pages and more. Some books will have more content than others. This index is not exhaustive because we’re tagging materials as we update them throughout 2019. It’s a new way to browse our content. Like all the resources on Ministry-To-Children, our Sunday School Curriculum is 100% free and easy print for your church.
Bible Reference Index (Alphabetical) New & Old Testament
New Sunday School Lessons for your church curriculum
[catlist tags=”sunday-school-lessons” excerpt=yes numberposts=40]
Who are the Major Christian Education Publishers?
LifeWay Christian Resources: Long knows as the Sunday School Board of the Southern Baptist Convention, LifeWay is a leading publisher of Baptist materials and curriculum for churches.
Group Publishing: An independent publisher of Sunday School curriculum, Christian Magazines, and Vacation Bible School.
Cokesbury & Abingdon Press: The traditional publisher of the United Methodist Church. Cokesbury is the retail division of the United Methodist Publishing House. Based in Nashville, TN, Cokesbury serves as an agency of the United Methodist Church but serves also as an ecumenical resource provider to other denominations.
Regular Baptist Press (RBP): Is the publishing company for the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches (GARBC), established in 1932 is one of several Baptist groups in North America retaining the name “Regular Baptist”.
Standard Publishing is a nondenominational Christian publishing company founded in Cincinnati, Ohio, in 1872. Major publications have included its flagship journal, Christian Standard, and church education materials including Vacation Bible School curricula. In 2015, Standard Publishing became an imprint of David C. Cook when the latter acquired the company’s Bible lesson commentary series, Sunday school curriculum and other church resources.
David C. Cook: An American nonprofit Christian publisher based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It was founded as a provider of Sunday school curriculum and remains a major publisher of such materials. It also publishes fiction and nonfiction books and distributes supporting materials like toys and games.
[catlist name=”lessons” numberposts=40]