Free Sunday School Lessons
What is the Sunday School lesson for this week?
- Numbers 21:4-9 Sunday School Lesson for Kids – Moses Lifts the Bronze Serpent
- The Heavens Declare: Sunday School Lesson on Psalm 19:1-14
- Jesus Predicts His Suffering (Mark 8:27-37) Sunday School Lesson
- NEW: Children’s Ministry Easter Curriculum
- God’s Rainbow Promise to Noah (Genesis 9:8-17) Sunday School Lesson
- VBS 2024 Wildlive! from Regular Baptist Press
The Sunday School Store is our new curriculum project that creates the highest quality Sunday School lessons for kids. Start with any of our free sample Bible lessons above to teach kids about Jesus Christ. If you agree this is a helpful resources and good lessons, then come back and buy the complete children’s ministry curriculum.
Index of Sunday School Lessons
- Where can I get easy print PDF lesson plans?
- What longer curriculum units are available?
- God’s Good Rules (10 Commandments) 12 lessons
- What is God Like? (Attributes of God) 42 lessons
- Praise God through the Psalms – 36 lessons
- The Walk (Following Jesus) 4 lessons
- How to Win Against Sin (Armor of God) 9 lessons
- The Lord’s Prayer – 10 lessons
- Parables of Jesus – 9 lessons
- Browse more from our older curriculum
Free Downloads from Sunday School Works!
Each week we take our latest free lessons and combine them in a print-friendly PDF download. This makes it easy to prepare your kids Sunday School lessons or teach in children’s church. See the Sunday School lesson this week. Sunday school lessons for 9-12 year olds.
If you are a Sunday School teacher searching for your next kids’ Sunday School lesson, you have found it. This page lists our free children’s Sunday School. The first section features single week “stand-alone” lesson. The second section lists our multi-week curriculum units.
Free Curriculum for Sunday School Printable PDF downloads
Sunday School is a tradition that helps children learn about the Bible and Jesus Christ. Many Sunday School teachers are looking for good, quality lessons to teach their students. That’s why we created this page. Here, you will find free Sunday School lessons and more! Our first section features single week “stand-alone” lessons. The second section lists our multi-week curriculum units. And finally, our Sunday School Store offers the highest quality Sunday School lessons for kids. We hope you find this page helpful!
Sunday School Curriculum on the 10 Commandments for Kids
12-Week Study based on the Ten Commandments for Kids
This new Bible curriculum includes coloring pages, games, and craft ideas for each lesson. Kids will discover the truth of God’s law, their trouble to obey, and the free salvation Jesus offers on account of the cross. God provided many miracles like crossing the Jordan river to show his own glory in the Old Testament. The 10 Commandments are guide to life for young people and point them to their need for the grace of Jesus Christ.
42 Sunday School Lessons on the Attributes of God for Sunday School this Week
42 unit study based on the Attributes of God for kids
One of the most important tasks of anyone in charge of children’s ministry is that of deciding what truth to teach the children under your care. Each lesson aims to share God’s love and hep younger children grow in their Christian faith. In my years as a children’s ministry director it was one task that I took very seriously. There were so many things I wanted the children in our church to know, but as I listed them out, they all boiled down to the gospel: who is God?, who is man? and what did Jesus do? With these three simple questions and spiritual guidelines in mind I started forming our children’s materials. Only by knowing their Heavenly Father, can children understand God’s promise of salvation through Jesus Christ.
Sunday School Lesson: 32 Weeks in Psalms for Elementary Sunday School
32 Sunday School Lessons based on the Book of Psalms
God deserves praise! That’s why the book of book of Psalms is a wonderful example of spiritual worship. This 32 lesson curriculum will help children understand and experience the character of God and respond with praise. There are so many powerful lessons on God’s work, obeying god, God’s power, and even hints about Jesus crucifixion in the Old Testament.
Following Jesus Curriculum Series for Elementary Sunday School
4-week practical training for kids on following Jesus.
These Sunday School lessons are filled with practical help for kids as they learn to follow after Jesus and experience his power in daily life. True wisdom comes from God and following his ways. This 4-part study for kids shows what it means to follow Jesus in everyday life. This curriculum is available for-sale from our ministry partner The Sunday School Store. This is a guide for healthy growth and spiritual development for children. Each lesson is short to accommodate any time constraints in your children’s church or Sunday school for kids.
The Armor of God Bible Study Series for Sunday School
9-week curriculum for training kids in the Armor of God
The Armor of God is a great passage of Scripture to teach to children. It is visual and has immediate, real world applications for them. The 9 lesson unit covers Ephesians 6 verse 10-20. It is entitled “How to Win Against Sin” because our real battle is against sin, and with Jesus, we can win.
The Lord’s Prayer Sunday School Curriculum for Kids
The Lord’s Prayer (includes coloring book)
10-lesson Sunday School curriculum based on the Jesus’ model prayer
Use our 10 part study to teach the Lord’s Prayer for Kids from Matthew 6 verse 9-13. In many churches, kids will memorize and recite this passage as a foundation for spiritual habits of prayer. Our curriculum and printables will reinforce that process and help kids discover the meaning in each petition of Jesus’ model prayer.
The Parables of Jesus Curriculum for Children’s Bible Class
Story time with Jesus This 9-unit Bible lesson curriculum is based on the teachings of Jesus . Kids learn best through storytelling (just like the first disciples) – that’s why teaching the parables of Jesus is perfect for Sunday School and Junior Church. This 9 lesson curriculum is 100% free to download an teach. Every verse of the Bible is important but the words of Jesus offer spiritual power for all disciples to obey. These are free lessons you can teach your kids right way.
Every Sunday School teacher has different needs for their Bible lesson. Already have a theme or Bible story in mind? Use our search tool to find the teacher guides, lesson activities, curriculum, crafts, and for your class. We post Sunday’s lessons from the International Sunday School Lesson – Uniform Series. You will also see Bible studies based on the Gospel reading in the Revised Common Lectionary.
More Free Sunday School Curriculum for this Week
Some of these are older units that are scheduled for updating, they are still available but may need more teacher preparation before you teach them in Sunday School.
Sunday School is a time when you learn about the Bible. You can learn about Jesus Christ and what he did. Teachers can show you fun things to help you learn. Sunday School is usually held on days when people don’t have to work. You can come to Sunday School and learn more about what the Bible says.
- Life of Jesus (10 lessons – discover the way Jesus minister to the people and offers his salvation to all)
- Fruit of the Spirit (9 lesson studies for kids to discover the spiritual fruits)
- Days of Creation – Sunday School Lesson (studies on the truth about the beginning of the world, includes creation coloring pages and printable paperback mini-book)
- Toddlers Knowing God (8 lessons for training the nursery in the basics of God’s character to start their faith strong)
- Book of James (5 studies lessons on this practical New Testament book)
Age Specific Curriculum Fee Sunday school lessons for 3-5 year olds pdf.
- Preschool Sunday School Curriculum (3 – 5 year olds) grades Prek-k
- Younger Elementary Curriculum (6 – 9 year olds) grades K-3
- Older Elementary Curriculum (9 – 12 year olds – grades 3-6)
Education Activities for Sunday School
- Bible Coloring (300 pages)
- Bible Skits for Kids – fun for youth groups
- Bible Worksheets – digital downloads
- Children’s Worship Music – multimedia videos & audio
- Sunday School Crafts – hands-on ways to examine the spiritual meaning in each Sunday School lesson
- 101 Sunday School Games – fun for youth groups too
- Memory Verses – experience the power of hiding God’s truth in your heart
- PowerPoint – digital multimedia presentations
- Multimedia Video Bible Stories
- Sunday School Curriculum Training – help new leaders gain experience and address common challenges in teaching the Bible to kids
- Kings of Israel (28 studies, includes the history of King David and an account of the struggle of the Hebrews to obey God’s covenant.)
- Book of Acts (34 unit curriculum will examine the history of the disciples & early Church leaders. Discover how the Holy Spirit was working in the creation of the Church.)
- Sanctity of Life (5 lessons – key verse studies that examine the gift of life in God’s creation and address contemporary issues with God’s truth)
- Tough Questions Kids Ask (9 lessons -address the big spiritual questions with the truth from the Bible. Examine and discover how to obey God’s Word in modern life.)
- Bible Organization (3 lessons – ideal for classes of new believers)
- Object Talk Messages (200+ lessons) includes sample audio video multimedia teaching examples. Follows the current year cycle of 52 weeks curriculum.
Seasonal Curriculum & Holidays Lessons
Our Sunday School curriculum has special holiday lessons. Chose from the list of teacher guides and studies below:
Lectionary Reference for this Sunday
Free Sunday School Curriculum from Other Websites
Bible Education Resources and Online Curriculum
The following websites have a good selection of free Sunday School curriculum for children. Many Christian education companies offer printed editions of for sale. However, there is plenty of free help to keep you busy for many months.
- Praise Factory (Sunday School curriculum for all ages)
- Calvary Curriculum (325 curriculum lessons)
- Christian Answers Net (various bible studies for kids)
- Kids Sunday School Curriculum (paid site with free samples)
- Children’s Ministry Magazine has a large collection of free Sunday school Lesson for kids
The index by scripture reference is a work in progress. For each book of the Bible you will find a variety of lessons, crafts, coloring pages and more. Some books will have more content than others. This index is not exhaustive because we’re tagging materials as we update them throughout 2019. It’s a new way to browse our content. Like all the resources on Ministry-To-Children, our Sunday School Curriculum is 100% free and easy print for your church.
Bible Reference Index (Alphabetical) New & Old Testament
New Sunday School Lessons for Kids
Every week we publish new free Sunday School lessons. Use theme in your children’s ministry, kids church, or home Bible study for kids. This is an easy way to boost your Bible teaching no matter what lessons for kids you have scheduled for this week.
Bible Object Lessons for Children’s Sunday School
One fun way to begin a Sunday School lesson is to share a hands-on activity to illustrate your Bible lessons. God’s Word should not be boring! No matter the Bible story, this will teach kids in an engaging way. Let’s make sure Sunday School is fun!
- Children’s Sermon Lesson Matthew 10:24-39 Our Father in Heaven Cares for Us
- Children’s Sermon Lesson Genesis 22:1-14 The Sacrifice of Isaac
- Children’s Sermon Lesson: Transformed by Christ Romans 6:1-14
- Matthew 9:9-13; 18-26 Children’s Sermon Object Lesson on the Miracles of Jesus
- Children’s Sermon Lesson: Spiritual gifts 1 Corinthians 12:3-31
- Children’s Sermon Object Lesson: Ascension of Jesus (Luke 24:44-53 and Acts 1:1-11)
- Children’s Sermon on Doubting Thomas (John 20:19-31)
- Children’s Sermon (Ezekiel 37:1-14) The Valley of Dry Bones
- Children’s Sermon Object Lesson: Psalm 121 Trusting in God
- Children’s Sermon Object Lesson (Romans 5:12-21) Adam’s Sin and Christ’s Gift
Questions and Answers about Sunday School
Answer: Sunday school’s primary purpose is to provide ministry to children and their families. In most cases, this involves teaching children about the Bible and Christianity. However, many churches use Sunday school as a way to minister to children who may be struggling with various issues such as divorce, abuse, or neglect.
Sunday school can also be a great place for kids to make friends and build relationships with other Christians. Many kids find it helpful to have a safe place to share their struggles and receive peer support.
Sunday School teachers everywhere are looking for new and innovative ideas for their lesson plans. This week, we recommend using different storytelling forms to engage your students. Stories are a great way to teach values and biblical truths in an interesting and memorable way. You can find lots of stories online or in children’s books, or even create your own stories based on real-life situations. Be creative and have fun with it!
Answer: The Sunday School movement began in England in the late 18th century as a response to the growing popularity of Unitarian and Deist thought. Christians realized they needed to provide more systematic and age-appropriate instruction in Christianity to counteract the influence of these rationalistic teachings.
In 1785, a group of Anglican priests led by John Rippon published A New Systematic Course of Instructions in Religion, which outlined a graded curriculum for teaching Christian doctrine to children. This book served as the prototype for later Sunday School manuals and curricula.
The first Sunday Schools opened their doors in the early 1790s, and they immediately became very popular.
Answer: A good Sunday school teacher is someone who has a deep knowledge of the Bible and who loves God’s children. They should be able to communicate biblical truths in an interesting and engaging way, and they should also be able to relate to their students on a personal level.
A good Sunday school teacher is someone who is always learning and growing in their own faith, and who is committed to helping their students grow in theirs. They should be patient, gentle, and compassionate, and they should have a heart for teaching the next generation about Jesus Christ.
Answer: Leadership: A church should begin a new Sunday School ministry with dedicated leadership. Prayer is essential, as is finding volunteers. Curriculum should be chosen thoughtfully.
Leadership is essential for a new Sunday School ministry. The leader or leaders should be prayerful and humble, with a servant’s heart. They must also be able to find volunteers and delegate tasks effectively.
The curriculum chosen for a new Sunday School ministry should be based on the Bible and on sound Christian teaching. It should also be geared to the age group of students who will be participating.
Answer: There are many great resources for finding free Sunday school lessons. Two of our favorites are Ministry-To-Children.com and Children’s Ministry Magazine.
Ministry-To-Children.com offers a wide variety of resources, including Bible lessons, crafts, games, and more. You can search by topic or age group, making it easy to find the perfect lesson for your class. Every Sunday School lesson is free and easy to print.
Children’s Ministry Magazine is another great resource for Sunday school lessons. This website offers a wealth of information, including printable lessons and activities, object talks, worship ideas, and more. You can also search by age group or Bible story to find the perfect lesson to teach kids in your class.
SundaySchool.Works is a free website that provides printable Sunday School lessons for kids. Our lessons are designed to be fun and engaging, and they cover a variety of topics including Bible stories, Christianity, Jesus, God’s Word, the Holy Spirit, and more. We also have a range of activities and coloring pages available for kids to download and enjoy. It’s perfect for children’s ministry and Sunday School in smaller churches who need free Bible lessons.