This page lists our free curriculum for children’s Sunday School. The first section features single week “stand-alone” lesson. The second section lists our multi-week curriculum units.
Table of Contents
- What lessons are recommended for this Sunday?
- Where can I get easy print PDF lesson plans?
- What longer curriculum units are available?
- God’s Good Rules (10 Commandments) 12 lessons
- What is God Like? (Attributes of God) 42 lessons
- Praise God through the Psalms – 36 lessons
- The Walk (Following Jesus) 4 lessons
- How to Win Against Sin (Armor of God) 9 lessons
- The Lord’s Prayer – 10 lessons
- Parables of Jesus – 9 lessons
- Browse more from our older curriculum
Free Downloads from Sunday School Works!
- The post The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard (Matthew 20:1-16) Sunday School Lessons for Kids appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post The Unforgiving Servant (Matthew 18:21-35) Sunday School Lessons for Kids appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Forgiving Others (Matthew 18:15-20) Sunday School Lesson appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Matthew 16:21-28 Sunday School Lesson: Jesus Rebukes Peter and Says Take Up Your Cross appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post “We are the Body of Christ” Sunday School Lesson on the Church appeared first on Sunday School Works.
100% Free Curriculum for Sunday School
Curriculum on the 10 Commandments
12-Week Study based on the Ten Commandments for Kids
This new Bible curriculum includes coloring pages, games, and craft ideas for each lesson. Kids will discover the truth of God’s law, their trouble to obey, and the free salvation Jesus offers on account of the cross.
42 Week Curriculum on the Attributes of God
42 unit study based on the Attributes of God for kids
One of the most important tasks of anyone in charge of children’s ministry is that of deciding what truth to teach the children under your care. In my years as a children’s ministry director it was one task that I took very seriously. There were so many things I wanted the children in our church to know, but as I listed them out, they all boiled down to the gospel: who is God?, who is man? and what did Jesus do? With these three simple questions and spiritual guidelines in mind I started forming our children’s materials.
32 Week Curriculum on the Psalms
32 Sunday School Lessons based on the Book of Psalms
God deserves praise! That’s why the book of book of Psalms is a wonderful example of spiritual worship. This 32 lesson curriculum will help children understand and experience the character of God and respond with praise.
Following Jesus Curriculum Series
4-week practical training for kids on following Jesus.
This study is filled with practical help for kids as they learn to follow after Jesus and experience his power in daily life. True wisdom comes from God and following his ways. This 4-part study for kids shows what it means to follow Jesus in everyday life. This curriculum is available for-sale from our ministry partner The Sunday School Store.
The Armor of God Bible Study Series
9-week curriculum for training kids in the Armor of God
The Armor of God is a great passage of Scripture to teach to children. It is visual and has immediate, real world applications for them. The 9 lesson unit covers Ephesians 6 verse 10-20. It is entitled “How to Win Against Sin” because our real battle is against sin, and with Jesus, we can win.
The Lord’s Prayer Curriculum
The Lord’s Prayer (includes coloring book)
10-lesson Sunday School curriculum based on the Jesus’ model prayer
Use our 10 part study to teach the Lord’s Prayer for Kids from Matthew 6 verse 9-13. In many churches, kids will memorize and recite this passage as a foundation for spiritual habits of prayer. Our curriculum and printables will reinforce that process and help kids discover the meaning in each petition of Jesus’ model prayer.
The Parables of Jesus Curriculum
Story time with Jesus This 9-unit curriculum is based on the teachings of Jesus .
Kids learn best through storytelling (just like the first disciples) – that’s why teaching the parables of Jesus is perfect for Sunday School and Junior Church. This 9 lesson curriculum is 100% free to download an teach. Every verse of the Bible is important but the words of Jesus offer spiritual power for all disciples to obey.
Already have a theme or Bible story in mind? Use our search tool to find the teacher guides, lesson activities, curriculum, crafts, and for your class. We post Sunday’s lessons from the International Sunday School Lesson – Uniform Series. You will also see Bible studies based on the Gospel reading in the Revised Common Lectionary.
More Free Sunday School Curriculum
Some of these are older units that are scheduled for updating, they are still available but may need more teacher preparation before you teach them in Sunday School.
- Life of Jesus (10 lessons – discover the way Jesus minister to the people and offers his salvation to all)
- Fruit of the Spirit (9 lesson studies for kids to discover the spiritual fruits)
- Days of Creation – Sunday School Lesson (studies on the truth about the beginning of the world, includes creation coloring pages and printable paperback mini-book)
- Toddlers Knowing God (8 lessons for training the nursery in the basics of God’s character to start their faith strong)
- Book of James (5 studies lessons on this practical New Testament book)
Age Specific Curriculum
- Preschool Sunday School Curriculum (3 – 5 year olds) grades Prek-k
- Younger Elementary Curriculum (6 – 9 year olds) grades K-3
- Older Elementary Curriculum (9 – 12 year olds – grades 3-6)
Education Activities for Sunday School
- Bible Coloring (300 pages)
- Bible Skits for Kids – fun for youth groups
- Bible Worksheets – digital downloads
- Children’s Worship Music – multimedia videos & audio
- Sunday School Crafts – hands on ways to examine the spiritual meaning in each Sunday School lesson
- 101 Sunday School Games – fun for youth groups too
- Memory Verses – experience the power of hiding God’s truth in your heart
- PowerPoint – digital multimedia presentations
- Multimedia Video Bible Stories
- Sunday School Curriculum Training – help new leaders gain experience and address common challenges in teaching the Bible to kids
- Kings of Israel (28 studies, includes the history of King David and an account of the struggle of the Hebrews to obey God’s covenant.)
- Book of Acts (34 unit curriculum will examine the history of the disciples & early Church leaders. Discover how the Holy Spirit was working in the creation of the Church.)
- Sanctity of Life (5 lessons – key verse studies that examine the gift of life in God’s creation and address contemporary issues with God’s truth)
- Tough Questions Kids Ask (9 lessons -address the big spiritual questions with the truth from the Bible. Examine and discover how to obey God’s Word in modern life.)
- Bible Organization (3 lessons – ideal for classes of new believers)
- Object Talk Messages (200+ lessons) includes sample audio video multimedia teaching examples. Follows the current year cycle of 52 weeks curriculum.
Seasonal Curriculum & Holidays Lessons
Our Sunday School curriculum has special holiday lessons. Chose from the list of teacher guides and studies below:
Lectionary Reference for this Sunday
- Exodus 16:2-15 and Psalm 105:1-6, 37-45 * Jonah 3:10-4:11 and Psalm 145:1-8 * Philippians 1:21-30 * Matthew 20:1-16
Scripture Reflection & Personal Bible Study
- These “John 14:15-21 devotions explain the promise that Jesus would send a comforting Holy Spirit. We’ve compiled the following devotionals to help you grow in your faith and understanding of God’s Word. Use them for personal Bible study or when preparing a sermon or Sunday School lesson on this passage. […]
- These “John 14:1-14” devotions explain the powerful claim that Jesus is the only way to God. We’ve compiled the following devotionals to help you grow in your faith and understanding of God’s Word. Use them for personal Bible study or when preparing a sermon or Sunday School lesson on this […]
About our Digital Studies
Because all our teacher guides are free online in digital download & print – you never need to order samples. Just click through to the lesson and select the PDF download of the curriculum. Even if you purchase paperback curriculum on a regular cycle, our Sunday School lesson can give help buildup your studies with Bible based ideas. When you add our studies to your regular planning, you’ll become a stronger teacher.
Please email us if you have any suggestions if you or minister leaders have ideas to improve these classes.
Free Sunday School Curriculum from Other Websites
Bible Education Resources and Online Curriculum
The following websites have a good selection of free Sunday School curriculum for children. Many Christian education companies offer printed editions of for sale. However, there is plenty of free help to keep you busy for many months.
- Praise Factory (Sunday School curriculum for all ages)
- Calvary Curriculum (325 lessons)
- Christian Answers Net (various lessons)
- Kids Sunday School Curriculum (paid site with free samples)
The index by scripture reference is a work in progress. For each book of the Bible you will find a variety of lessons, crafts, coloring pages and more. Some books will have more content than others. This index is not exhaustive because we’re tagging materials as we update them throughout 2019. It’s a new way to browse our content. Like all the resources on Ministry-To-Children, our Sunday School Curriculum is 100% free and easy print for your church.
Bible Reference Index (Alphabetical) New & Old Testament
New Sunday School Lessons for your church curriculum
- Summer Sunday School Lessons & ActivitiesSummer is different in children’s ministry. After all the VBS activities, regular weekly programs like Sunday School can see lower attendance. This is true in children’s church too. Many congregations pause their Wednesday evening programs when school is out for Summer vacation. This page links all our best ideas for making the most of Summertime ...
- Sunday School Lesson on Matthew 10:40-42 “Welcome One and All”Use this lesson plan when teaching from Matthew 10:40-42 in your children’s Sunday School class. We’ve included complete teaching notes, game ideas, craft projects, and more. It’s everything you need to teach this Bible lesson to kids. Lesson PlanDownload “Welcome One and All”Sunday School Lesson on Matthew 10:40-42 Hospitality and valuing others is important. What does it mean ...
- What does it Mean to Trust and Obey? Sunday School Lesson on FaithKids have a difficult time with abstracts. It is understandably challenging to put trust in things that cannot be seen, or to grasp concepts that are not tangible. “The faith of a mustard seed can move mountains”, we might hear. But to the concrete mind of a six-year-old this only conjures a very perplexing image. When discussing faith, it’s ...
- God's Promise to David- 2 Samuel 7 (Sunday School Lesson)Title: God’s Promise to David Scripture: 2 Samuel 7 Target Age Group: 3rd-5th grade Lesson Opening Ask: Has someone ever made a promise to you? What was the promise? Did they keep it? Say: People don’t always keep their promises, but you know who does? God! Throughout the Bible we read about many promises that God made to different people, ...
- 3 Anti-Racism Sunday School Lessons for KidsAre you searching for a way to teach your children about empathy, culture, race, and prejudice? Are you feeling overwhelmed and unsure of where to begin? We can help. Deep Blue Life: Faith and Culture—Anti-Racism includes three sessions teaching about “Prejudice and Stereotypes,” “Curiosity and Empathy,” and “Colors and Cultures.” Download the free 3 lesson series ...
- HOME Sunday School Lesson (John 9:1-42) Jesus Heals a Blind ManThis Sunday School lesson was designed for parents to use with their children at home on the week of March 22, 2020. Everything is included in the PDF download below (teaching notes, coloring pages, craft directions, game ideas, and worksheets). Use what is most helpful for your kids and ignore the rest. Families can also ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Matthew 17:1-9) The Transfiguration of JesusThis Sunday School Lesson is about The Transfiguration of Jesus. The Bible references is Matthew 17:1-9. The lesson plan includes crafts, games, and detailed teaching notes. Use it in your children’s ministry this Sunday, February 23, 2020. Transfiguration Lesson PlanDownload “Shining Glory” Sunday School Lesson on the Transfiguration of Jesus Mountains, clouds, tents, bright lights…. there’s ...
- Sunday School Lesson "Fishers of Friends" Matthew 4:12-23Download this Sunday School lesson about Jesus’ early ministry. It is based on Matthew 4 and the Fishers of Men. Teach kids how the disciples started following Jesus and how they can tell others about Jesus too. “Fishers of Friends”Download Lesson “Fishers of Friends” Sunday School Lesson from Matthew 4:12-23 Children know the importance of following directions ...
- Sunday School Lesson (John 1:29-42) Go Make DisciplesThis Sunday School lesson will teach kids the importance of sharing about Jesus with others. It’s based on John 1:29-42, where John’s disciples become disciples of Jesus. Print the lesson plan below. We’ve included crafts, coloring pages, games, worksheets, and a children’s message. Lesson Plan on John 1:29-42 Go Make Disciples (20 pages) Download PDF “Go ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Matthew 2:1-13) Visitation of the Magi | EpiphanyThis free printable Sunday School lesson is based on the story of the Wise Men found in Matthew 2:1-13. It’s part of our new series “Heroes of the Christmas Story” (Celebrated and Lesser-Known) that shares the Biblical story of Christmas. The download below includes craft suggestions, worksheets, coloring page, and complete teaching guide. Magi Visit LessonDownload ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 2:22-40) Simeon and Anna RejoiceThis free Sunday School lesson is based on the stories about Simeon and Anna from Luke 2:22-40. It shows the great joy that Jesus would bring to those who love God. Download the printable lesson plan below. It’s part of our new series “Heroes of the Christmas Story” (Celebrated and Lesser-Known) that shares the Biblical ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Judges 6-7) The Story of Gideon for KidsDownload this free Sunday School lesson to teach kids about the victory God worked through the story of Gideon in Judges 6-7. Gideon Sunday School Lesson for Kids PDFDownload The Sword of Gideon: Sunday School Lesson Kids Bible Lesson from Judges 6-7 “The Sword of Gideon” Sunday School Lesson from Judges 6-7 To God be the Glory… ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 19:1-10) “Zacchaeus the Tax Collector”Download our printable Sunday School lesson from Luke 19:1-10 where Jesus shows kindness and changes the heart of Zacchaeus the Tax Collector. The printable PDF below includes the complete teaching plan, crafts, games, and bonus coloring pages. Zacchaeus Meets Jesus Sunday School LessonDownload Zacchaeus the Tax Collector (Luke 19:1-10) Sunday School Lesson for Kids A Tree, A ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 7:37-48) Sinful Woman Anoints Jesus”This is another powerful lesson on the power of God to forgive. Jesus shows that the faith of a “sinful woman” is respected by God more than the lukewarm faith of religious people. The complete lesson download below includes coloring pages and learning actives to help you share this message with the children. Lesson: Jesus Anointed ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 18:9-14) Pharisee and Tax CollectorJesus told this powerful parable to illustrate how God wants us to pray in Luke 18:9-14. The download below includes the complete printable lesson plan, several craft ideas, and bonus coloring pages. It’s everything you need to prepare for your class this weekend. Complete Sunday School Lesson Luke 18:9-14 PDFDownload “The Parable of the Pharisee and ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 18:1-8) Prayer & The Parable of the Persistent WidowDownload this free Sunday School lesson. It teaches the importance of prayer based on Jesus parable of the Persistent Widow in Luke 18:1-8. The download link below includes the full lesson plan, teaching activities, and bonus coloring pages. It’s every thing you need to share this powerful message with your Sunday School Class or Kids ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 7:1-10) The Faith of the CenturionIn this Sunday School Lesson, children will see that Jesus has great power and deserves our faith. Download our printable lesson plan below to be ready to teach. We’ve included bonus learning activities to make your planning easier. Complete Lesson Plan – PDFDownload The Centurion’s Faith: Luke 17:1-10 Bible Lesson for Kids Learning Objectives: After this lesson, children ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 17:11-17) Jesus Heals: Who Says Thanks?This free Sunday School lesson is based on Luke 17:11-17, when Jesus healed 10 lepers but only one returned to offer him thanks. Download the printable version below and watch the craft example video below. The link below includes the complete lesson plan, activities, craft instructions, and some bonus coloring pages. We even added the ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 16:19-31) The Rich Man & LazarusThis Sunday we’re featuring the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man (Luke 16:19-31). Download our complete Bible lesson for kids below. It includes craft ideas, teaching notes, coloring page, and game ideas. It’s everything you need for Sunday, September 29, 2019. Complete Printable Lesson PDFDownload First Things First… Kids Bible Lesson on Making God Number One ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 16:1-15) Money & Wise StewardshipJesus said a lot about money and putting God first. This kids’ Sunday School lessons from Luke 16:1-15 will teach children about managing gifts well and stewarding wisely. Download the printable lesson plan below. We’ve included the craft, coloring pages, and teaching outline below. Enjoy and may God bless your ministry! Easy Print PDF –Download https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnKMRrTOtq0 Tony & ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 14:25-35) Counting the CostDownload this complete Sunday School lesson for kids based on Luke 14:25-35. The link below includes two coloring pages, craft directions, game ideas, and the Bible teaching plan. We make your ministry easy – so you can focus on the kids God is bringing to your class. Easy Print PDF-Download https://youtu.be/f8kBsj73Q8Q This Gospel message can be somewhat challenging ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Jeremiah 1:4-10) God Wants to Use YouDownload this free Sunday School lesson to teach kids the story of Jeremiah’s calling and how God wants to use them (even when they are kids). The link below includes the complete lesson plan, two coloring sheet options, and craft idea. Easy Print PDFDownload Children sometimes develop a mindset that they are in a “waiting room” of sorts. ...
- Faith in the Face of…Anything! (Hebrews 11:1-12:3) Sunday School LessonsKids sometimes learn best by example. As we talk about definitions of “faith”, it can sometimes still seem to be a confusing term. We want to make sure our faith is in the right thing—in the trustworthiness of God alone. But how does that play out in practical daily life? There are a lot of ...
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 12:13-21) Parable of the Rich Foolish ManDownload the Parable of the Rich Fool complete Sunday School lesson and two original coloring pages using the link below. It’s everything you need to plan your lesson and 100% free. Easy Print PDF – Download Sunday School Lesson (Luke 12:13-21) Parable of the Rich Foolish Man “Foolish Rich Builder” Sunday School Lesson on the Parable of ...
- Following Jesus (Luke 9:51-62; Luke 14:25-34) Sunday School LessonEasy Print PDF –Download Jesus – He’s More than a Superstar! We get excited and passionate about a lot of things. Whether it is hobbies, sports stars, musicians, actors, or other interests, we grow absorbed and gather as much information as possible about what we follow. In modern days of social media and constant information influx, it ...
- Jesus Protects and Transforms (Luke 8:26-39) Sunday School LessonMan with unclean spirits from Christian Clip Arts. Easy Print PDF –Download Fear Not! Jesus Protects and Transforms Us – Also known as the time Jesus Made Deviled Ham… The story in this passage can be a fun, goofy, or challenging one to communicate to kids. How do we approach the topic of demons? What’s with the ...
- Do you want to be Healed? (John 5:1-9) Sunday School LessonEasy Print PDF –Download The download above includes the complete lesson plan with game and craft suggestions. We’ve also included T is for Trust coloring page and a worksheet on Jesus’ miracles. This is another fun miracle lesson, with a couple of interesting twists. In this story, Jesus encounters a man who has been crippled for many ...
- New Heaven & New Earth (Revelation 21:1-7) Sunday School LessonEasy Print PDF –Download The printable file above includes the complete lesson plan on Revelation 21:1-7 plus bonus coloring pages and worksheets. It’s everything you need to jump start your teaching plan. Heaven can be a tricky topic to teach. In fact, it can be hard for adults to understand the themes of Revelation or to ...
Who are the Major Christian Education Publishers?
LifeWay Christian Resources: Long knows as the Sunday School Board of the Southern Baptist Convention, LifeWay is a leading publisher of Baptist materials and curriculum for churches.
Group Publishing: An independent publisher of Sunday School curriculum, Christian Magazines, and Vacation Bible School.
Cokesbury & Abingdon Press: The traditional publisher of the United Methodist Church. Cokesbury is the retail division of the United Methodist Publishing House. Based in Nashville, TN, Cokesbury serves as an agency of the United Methodist Church but serves also as an ecumenical resource provider to other denominations.
Regular Baptist Press (RBP): Is the publishing company for the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches (GARBC), established in 1932 is one of several Baptist groups in North America retaining the name “Regular Baptist”.
Standard Publishing is a nondenominational Christian publishing company founded in Cincinnati, Ohio, in 1872. Major publications have included its flagship journal, Christian Standard, and church education materials including Vacation Bible School curricula. In 2015, Standard Publishing became an imprint of David C. Cook when the latter acquired the company’s Bible lesson commentary series, Sunday school curriculum and other church resources.
David C. Cook: An American nonprofit Christian publisher based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It was founded as a provider of Sunday school curriculum and remains a major publisher of such materials. It also publishes fiction and nonfiction books and distributes supporting materials like toys and games.
- Bible Crafts: The First Shall Be Last
- Children’s Sermon “That’s Not Fair” from Matthew 20:1-16 on the Parable of the Workers
- 5 Ways to Engage Children in Church Service
- “God Wants Me to Forgive Everyone?” Sunday School Lesson from Matthew 18:21-35
- Children’s Sermon on Forgiveness and Mercy from Matthew 18:21-35
- Bible Crafts about Forgiveness and Mercy
- “Forgiving Others” Sunday School Lesson on Matthew 18:15-20
- Bible Crafts “Making Peace and Keeping Friends” from Matthew 18:15-20
- Children’s Sermon “Can We Fix It?” from Matthew 18:15-20 on Conflict Resolution
- “The Cost of Following Jesus” Sunday School Lesson from Matthew 16:21-28
- “The Greatest Reward” Bible Crafts on Matthew 16:21-28
- Matthew 16:21-28 Children’s Sermon “Worth the Cost”
- Sunday School Lesson (Matthew 16:13-20) Who do you say that I AM?
- Children’s Sermon: We are the Body of Christ (Romans 12:1-8)
- Children’s Sermon (Matthew 16:13-20) Who do you say that I am?
- “You are a Living Sacrifice!” Craft Ideas for the Body of Christ
- The Complete Toddler Bible Curriculum
- Children’s Sermon: The Faith of the Canaanite Woman (Matthew 15:21-28)
- Craft Ideas: Jesus and the Canaanite Woman
- Craft Ideas: Jesus & Peter Walking on the Water
- Jesus & Peter Walk on Water (Matthew 14:22-33) Children’s Sermon Message
- Children’s Sermon about Lying (Proverbs 12:22)
- Children’s Sermon on Obeying God’s Word (Luke 11:28)
- Children’s Sermon on Fear (Psalm 55:22)
- Bible Object Lesson on Faith (2 Corinthians 4:18)
- Children’s Sermon on Anger (Luke 6:45) Mentos & Coke Object Lesson
- Children’s Bible Stories Translated (French, Spanish, Mandarin, and More)
- Children’s Sermon (Matthew 14:13-21) Jesus Feeds the 5000
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Crafts
- Back-To-School Lessons “Faith Over Fear” Discount Code
- Christian T-Shirts
- Children’s Sermon (Matthew 13:44-45) What Do You Treasure?
- “A Treasure Worth Having” Craft Ideas for the Parable of the Pearl of Greatest Price
- Faith-Over-Fear Curriculum for Back To School
- Parable of the Wheat and Tares (Matthew 13:24-30) Sunday School Lesson
- Children’s Sermon (Matthew 13:24-30) The Parable of the Wheat and Tares
- Crafts Ideas for the Parable of the Wheat and Tares
- Coloring Page on the Parable of the Sower
- “The Parable of the Sower & Soils” Children’s Bible Study from Matthew 13:1-23
- Parable of the Sower Children’s Sermon (Matthew 13)