This page is the index to our series of lesson plans that follow the Kings of Israel. This page will be updated as the posts are published. These lessons were designed for older elementary children, but you could modify them for a broader range of kids.
Like all our content, this curriculum is 100% free to use in your church, home, or school. Click here if you would like to share how you are using them.
- Israel asks for a king from 1 Samuel 8
- King Saul’s good start from 1 Samuel 9
- King Saul’s rebellious heart from 1 Samuel 13 & 15
- Daivd: the man after God’s Heart from 1 Samuel 16
- Young David Defeats the Giant from 1 Samuel 17
- King Saul Persecutes David from 1 Samuel 18-20
- David Becomes King (Finally!) from 2 Samuel 1-2, 5, 7
- Gifts for Building the Temple from 1 Chronicles 29:1-20
- The Wisdom of Solomon from 2 Chronicles 1:2-13
- Solomon Turns Away from the Lord from 1 Kings 11
- The Kingdom is Divided from 1 Kings 12
- Rehoboam and Jeroboam Reign from 1 Kings 12-14
- Abjiah Trust in God from 1 Kings 15
- Asa Seeks God from 1 Kings 15
- Northern Kingdom of Israel Kings 1 Kings 12-16
- Jehoshaphat’s dangerous friendship 2 Chronicles 17 – 19
- King Jehoshaphat’s enemies 2 Chronicles 20
- Joash is Safely Hidden 2 Chronicles 21 -23
- Jehoiada’s Godly Influence 2 Chronicles 23 & 24
- King Amaziah’s Distractions 2 Chronicles 25
- The Northern Kings (Part 2) King Ahab 1 Kings 21
- Uzziah Seeking God 2 Chronicles 26
- Ahaz brings trouble 2 Chronicles 28
- Hezekiah brings reform 2 Chronicles 29
- Hezekiah celebrates the Passover 2 Chronicles 30
- Hezekiah prays when threatened 2 Chronicles 32
- Manasseh repents and finds God’s Mercy 2 Chronicles 33
- King Josiah Part #1 2 Kings 22
Other Resources: There are many excellent places on the Internet to find children’s Sunday School lessons. Here are a few that might help you further develop what we’ve posted above. You are encouraged to collect ideas from several places and craft a lesson that best suits the children you teach.
- Video clips for teaching 1 & Samuel or 1 & 2 Kings
- Sam Luce’s lesson on 1 & 2 Samuel and 1 & 2 Kings
- eBible teacher’s when Israel demanded a king
- Browse our Sunday School Coloring pages if using theses lessons with younger kids.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.