The new year is starting, so this is a perfect time to build scripture memory into your family & ministry. With the help of other readers, I’ve collected this list to get you started. Some verses are shorted, but not edited to make them easier for children to comprehend. All verses are based on the ESV translation. Follow the # links for coloring sheets specific to that verse.
52 SHORT BIBLE VERSES FOR KIDS
Click here for a print-friendly version of this resource.
- Acts 16:31 – Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved #
- Psalm 145:9 -The LORD is good to all. #
- Genesis 16:13 – You are the God who sees. #
- Philippians 4:4 – Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! #
- Proverbs 14:5 – A honest witness does not lie, a false witness breaths lies
- Numbers 6:24 – The Lord bless you and keep you
- Colossians 3:2 – Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
- Colossians 3:16 – Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
- 1 John 5:3 – This is love for God: to obey his commands
- Ephesians 4:30 – And do not grieve the Holy Spirit
- Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
- Psalm 150:6 – Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
- Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
- Romans 10:13 – Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
- Romans 3:23 – All people have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- Matthew 5:14 – You are the light of the world.
- Psalm 145:9 – The Lord is good to all.
- Colossians 3:20 – Children, obey your parents in all things.
- James 1:17 – Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.
- Matthew 28:20 – I am with you always.
- Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind to one another.
- 1 John 3:23 – Love one another.
- Psalm 56:3 – What time I am afraid, I will trust in You.
- Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
- Psalm 136:1 – Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
- Luke 6:31 – Do to others as you would have them do to you.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
- Psalm 138:1 – I will praise thee with my whole heart.
- John 10:11 – I am the good shepherd.
- Ephesians 6:1 – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
- Proverbs 30:5 – Every word of God proves true. #
- Matthew 6:24 – No one can serve two masters. #
- Deuteronomy 6:5 – You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. #
- Matthew 22:39 – You shall love your neighbor as yourself. #
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God. #
- Psalm 19:1 – The heavens declare the glory of God. #
- Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. #
- Psalm 139:14 – I praise you God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. #
- Isaiah 43:5 – Do not be afraid for I am with you. #
- Psalm 1:6 – The LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
- Matthew 28:6 – He is not here, he is risen!
- Acts 5:29 – We must obey God rather than men.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 – Pray without ceasing.
- 1 John 4:19 – We love because he first loved us.
- Psalm 46:10 – Be still, and know that I am God.
- Proverbs 2:6 – The Lord gives wisdom.
- Psalm 150:6 – Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!
- Ecclesiastes 12:13 – Fear God and keep his commandments.
- Isaiah 26:4 – Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
- Galatians 6:7 – Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.
- John 11:35 – Jesus wept.
Bonus Verses: Because we loved some of the extras our readers suggested!
Leave a comment and we’ll add your ideas here. Please leave us your suggestions to expand this list or share how you will use it in your church, home, or school. If you want the smaller list, start with our 10 short Bible Verses for Kids