Memorizing the Bible can change your life. Make it a priority in your family and Sunday School. Download our 52 Bible Memory verses for children. Make scripture memory a focus in your family & Sunday School. Download this printable simple list of of short verses from God’s Word for kids. Children can learn the Bible!
52 Bible Memory Verses for Children.
- Acts 16:31 – Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved. (compare parallel)
- Psalm 145:9 -The LORD is good to all. (compare parallel)
- Genesis 16:13 – You are the God who sees. (compare parallel)
- Philippians 4:4 – Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! (compare parallel)
- Proverbs 14:5 – A honest witness does not lie, a false witness breaths lies (compare parallel)
- Numbers 6:24 – The Lord bless you and keep you (compare parallel)
- Colossians 3:2 – Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. (compare parallel)
- Colossians 3:16 – Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly (compare parallel)
- 1 John 5:3 – This is love for God: to obey his commands (compare parallel)
- Ephesians 4:30 – And do not grieve the Holy Spirit (compare parallel)
- Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. (compare parallel)
- Psalm 150:6 – Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
- Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart. (compare parallel)
- Romans 10:13 – Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
- Romans 3:23 – All people have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- Matthew 5:14 – You are the light of the world. (compare parallel)
- Psalm 145:9 – The Lord is good to all. (compare parallel)
- Colossians 3:20 – Children, obey your parents in all things.
- James 1:17 – Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.
- Matthew 28:20 – I am with you always. (compare parallel)
- Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind to one another.
- 1 John 3:23 – Love one another. (compare parallel)
- Psalm 56:3 – What time I am afraid, I will trust in You.
- Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
- Psalm 136:1 – Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
- Luke 6:31 – Do to others as you would have them do to you.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
- Psalm 138:1 – I will praise thee with my whole heart.
- John 10:11 – I am the good shepherd. (compare parallel)
- Ephesians 6:1 – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
- Proverbs 30:5 – Every word of God proves true. (compare parallel)
- Matthew 6:24 – No one can serve two masters.
- Deuteronomy 6:5 – You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
- Matthew 22:39 – You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.
- Psalm 19:1 – The heavens declare the glory of God. (compare parallel)
- Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
- Psalm 139:14 – I praise you God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Isaiah 43:5 – Do not be afraid for I am with you. (compare parallel)
- Psalm 1:6 – The LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
- Matthew 28:6 – He is not here, he is risen! (compare parallel)
- Acts 5:29 – We must obey God rather than men.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 – Pray without ceasing.
- 1 John 4:19 – We love because he first loved us.
- Psalm 46:10 – Be still, and know that I am God.
- Proverbs 2:6 – The Lord gives wisdom. (compare parallel)
- Psalm 150:6 – Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!
- Ecclesiastes 12:13 – Fear God and keep his commandments.
- Isaiah 26:4 – Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
- Galatians 6:7 – Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.
- John 11:35 – Jesus wept.
*These are based on the ESV – English Standard Version translation. You can compare and adopt other translations (NLT New Living Translation, NIV New International Version, or KJV King James Version in using the parallel technology options at BibleHub. We hear stories of Christians who can memorize entire chapters and Psalms. If you love and focus on the Holy Bible – you can do it too!
Memory Verses for Children (video)
Compare Memory Verses for Kids.
Bible Verses about Kids – We’ve compiled the ultimate list of simple scripture verses about children. This is perfect for encouraging church volunteers and keeping up your own motivation. Jesus loves kids – that should be our focus too. Nothing can compare to knowing what God says. Every chapter can bring you close to his will.
ABC Scripture Verses (printable) – This printable will give you a Bible verses for kids based on every letter in the alphabet. Adopt one per week and find fun activities to help memorize them all. This is especially fun with preschool and kindergarten aged, who are just learning their ABCs. A great way to build character and integrity in young Christians.
Compare verses about Christian Parents – Jesus gives clear direction to both parents and their offspring. This overview list of verses explain and compares the role and responsibility of mothers & fathers. They also explain the obligation to respect & obey parents.
10 Easy Memory Verses for Children – You don’t have to memorize entire chapters. Start small and find encouragement in simple progress. Compare the original list we have expanded into the parallel printable above. Use them in your family time of praise and worship. We hear stories from Sunday School leadership about the adoption of a simple memorization program with activities has impacted their kids. Nothing can compare to knowing and loving God’s Word. Christians long ago knew this simple truth. That’s why generations ago they would make focus on memorizing the 10 commandments, the Lord’s Prayer, entire Psalms, and overview chapters in the Holy Bible.
Why memorize the Bible?
With the focus on Christian character, church leaders should be planning now to include scripture memorization in their plans to encourage their congregations this year. Adult School School departments can encourage one another to learn a new scripture quote each week. Leadership can plan simple activities like a “Bible Bee” as ways to encourage and focus the church to love and know God’s Word! Think of how much time we waste on technology reading the news every day. There are better options – adopt a simple scripture memory program and encourage one another to grow in Christian character and love of Jesus.
What’s your favorite Bible verse?
Our prayer for all Christians is to love Jesus and His Words. There is no better encouragement than hiding these simple scriptures close to your heart. Be sure to search our website for activities and planning help. Print this list for your church or Sunday School leadership and encourage them to adopt an planning effort for making God’s Word a focal point in your congregation!
Imagine how much you would know if you started 52 weeks ago.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.