Kids learn best through storytelling – that’s why teaching the parables of Jesus is perfect for Sunday School and Junior Church. This 9 lesson curriculum is 100% free to download an teach.
This page lists all the individual lesson plans in our 9 part series on the parables of Jesus. We’ve also included some additional teaching helps below.
- Why Jesus Told Parables (Matthew 13:10-17)
- The Story of the Soils (Matthew 13:3-9, 18-23)
- Stories of the Kingdom (Matthew 13:24-33)
- God’s Kingdom is a Treasure (Matthew 13:44)
- The Unforgiving Servant (Matthew 18:21-35)
- Which Son Obeyed? (Matthew 21:28-32)
- The Story of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30)
- The Good Neighbor (Luke 10:25-37)
- Lost Things Get Found (Luke 15:1-32)
Additional Teaching Helps
Beyond the main lesson plans above, we have many other resources related to the parables of Jesus on our website: Here is a listing of some of the best. You can always find more ideas by using our search page.
- Lesson – Why did Jesus teaching in parables?
- Worksheet – Learn about the Parables
- Coloring Book – How do I follow Jesus?
- Coloring Page – J is for Jesus
- Coloring Page – “Believe on the Lord Jesus”
Other Kids Bible Lesson Series
Much of our website material is presented as stand-alone lesson plans and ideas. We also have longer and better integrated children’s curriculum. Here are a few of the most popular longer lesson series.
- The Lord’s Prayer (10 lessons)
- Fruit of the Spirit (9 lessons)
- Days of Creation (7 lessons)
- Armor of God (9 lessons)
- Toddlers Knowing God (8 lessons)
- Walk in His Ways (5 lessons)
- The Kings of Israel (28 lessons)
- Book of Acts (25 lessons)
- Who is the Holy Spirit (4 lessons)
- Don’t miss our many Bible object lessons
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.