Jesus is the lamb of God, our savior, the hope of the world! These crafts celebrate the joy we have in knowing who Jesus is and what He does for us. A decorative “Joy Jar” offers a fun place to put thankful and joyful thoughts. A “Recycled Sheep” uses various supplies to create a lamb reminding us of our Messiah’s sacrifice on our behalf. Let’s get crafting!
Don’t miss the full 16-page printable Sunday School Lesson on Jesus the Lamb of God. You can also preview the children’s sermon on John 1:29-42 and John Testifies to Jesus Bible lesson for children.
Craft one: “Jesus Comes Joy Jar”
You will need:
- String or ribbon
- Markers and/or crayons
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Empty jar or container (any size)
- Extra decorations as desired
- Cut paper or cardstock into shapes, and add verses or captions.
- Decorate the outside of the jar with stickers, jewels, ribbon, etc.
- Cut strips of paper or cardstock to serve as joy reminders. Write special notes on these.
- Add extra decorations as needed. Save the jar and look at it periodically to celebrate special joys through the year!
Craft Two: “Lamb of God” decor
You will need:
- Construction paper or card stock
- Decorations (stickers, glitter, etc.)
- Tape or glue
- Popsicle sticks or clothespins
- Cotton balls
- Yarn or string
1. Cut cardboard or cardstock in the shape of a sheep body.
2. Add popsicle sticks or clothespins to the sheep to represent legs.
3. Add verses or captions to recall Jesus as the Lamb of God.
4. Attach cotton balls or string to represent wool around the sheep.
5. Add a head and face, along with any other desired elements. Hang or display in honor of God’s lamb!
Verses or Captions to Consider… (John 1:29-42)
Jesus is God’s lamb!
The sin of the world….is wiped away!
Joy jar…wonderful things to be thankful for.
And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.” -John 1:34
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! -John 1:29