Jesus is the lamb Jesus calls us to follow Him. We can be His disciples, listening to His instructions and calling others to do the same. We leave other work and hobbies to place Him first and foremost in our lives. The blessings He offers in return far outweigh any sacrifice on our part! These crafts celebrate the calling to be “Fishers of Men.” A “Whirlwind Pinwheel” considers how we can serve Jesus in our lives. A “Blessings Fishing Line” reminds us of the importance to become Fishers of Men!
Use these craft activities in your children’s ministry or kids Sunday School to teach about becoming a disciple of Jesus. Don’t miss the full 16-page print ready Sunday School lesson, children’s sermon, and bonus Bible teaching ideas for kids.
Captions to Consider… (Matthew 4:12-23)
- Serve Jesus…
- Follow Jesus and become fishers of men!
- Fishers of friends. Here’s how you can serve Jesus…
Craft one: “Whirlwind Pinwheel”
You will need:
- String or ribbon
- Markers and/or crayons
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Paper plate
- Glue/tape or extra decorations as desired
- Decorate paper plate with colors and captions, focusing on methods of serving and following Jesus.
- Carefully cut slits in the plate at intervals.
- Bend back pieces of the plate at alternating angles.
- Add extra decorations as needed.
- Attach a popsicle stick or string to display the “pinwheel”.
Craft Two: “Fishing Line” décor
You will need:
- Construction paper or card stock
- Decorations (stickers, glitter, etc.)
- Tape or glue
- Hole punch
- Yarn or string
- Cut paper or cardstock into fish shapes.
- Decorate the fish with notes about how to follow Jesus.
- Punch holes in each fish.
- String the fish on a ribbon or piece of yarn.
- Add extra decorations as needed. Hang in a special spot to recall the story and celebrate following Christ!