Do you need a sample job description for a children’s minister? Then check out our basic template below. It is easily customizable for your church or situation. For example, you might include more specific duties and lines of accountability.
Please leave a comment below to share your own ideas for making it even better.
Position: Children’s Pastor
– Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
– Love for children and families
– Strong organizational and leadership skills
– Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
– Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer programming, special events, etc…
– Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
– Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
– Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
– Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
– Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
– Plan and oversee special events such as VBS, Fall Festival, Baby Dedications, etc…
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.