Too often kids are left out when it comes to grown-up prayer events, like the National Day of Prayer.. It’s Thursday May 7th 2020.
That’s why we compiled the following resources.
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.” 1 John 5:14 NIV
Prayer Guides for Kids
- The Hand Prayer – If you’re looking for a fun activity to teach your young elementary kids about prayer, then look no further than your hand. The hand is a perfect tool to remember the parts of prayer that we see Jesus model in the Lord’s Prayer in Matthew 6:5-14.
- The Five Finger Prayer- Here is a helpful approach for teaching kids to pray. It’s a format that allows children to recall and pray in their own words for five different groups of people. All this lines up with the five fingers of their hand.
Prayer Coloring Pages
More Resources for Children
- Bible Verses on Prayer (offsite link)
- 9 Tips for Teaching Kids to Pray (offsite link)
- National Day of Prayer Guide from Children’s Ministry Deals (offsite link)
What are your plans?
I’d love to hear back from readers. In the USA, the first Thursday in May is designated by Congress as a National Day of prayer. That’s May 7th, 2020.
Leave a comment to let me know what you are planning for children during the national day of prayer.