This heaven mobile craft reminds children that heaven is a beautiful place. It can also prevent misconceptions about heaven by promoting conversation about what the Bible teaches.
Each mobile piece features a letter of the word “HEAVEN” on one side and a phrase describing heaven on the other side:
- Happy (everyone in heaven is happy)
- Eternal Life (we will live there forever)
- Angels (angels will be in heaven with us)
- Very Beautiful (everything in heaven is beautiful)
- Every Believer (every believer will be in heaven)
- No Evil (there will be no evil in heaven)
- Letters and phrases (download here) printed back to back on card stock or heavy paper (one set per child)
- Markers and/or crayons
- Hole puncher
- About 42 inches of yarn for each child – one 12-inch piece and five 6-inch pieces
- Extra adult help may be needed for hole-punching and yarn-tying
What to do:
- Print the letters and phrases back to back so that the word “Happy” is on the back of the letter H, etc.
- You may want to cut the cards apart ahead of time if the card stock will be hard for the children to cut.
- Tell the children they will make a beautiful mobile to remind them that heaven is a beautiful place.
- Have the children color the letters and decorate around them with beautiful pictures. (Picture 1)
- While the children are coloring, you can use the phases on the backs of the cards to discuss what the Bible teaches about heaven.
- Punch a hole in the center near the top and in the center near the bottom of each letter card, except for N punch the hole in the top only. (Picture 2)
- When each child is done decorating, attach the cards vertically with loops of yarn, putting the longest yarn at the top. The mobile is ready to hang!