Use these crafts when teaching kids about the Holy Spirit. They work with any John 14:1-14 lesson plan for Sunday School. Download the craft directions, watch our how-to instructions video, and then gather your craft supplies.
Jesus Sent a Comforter!
Craft Ideas for the Holy Spirit’s Comfort and Peace
The Holy Spirit can be a tricky thing to focus on in teaching, as it is something we cannot see or hear very tangibly. However, we do want to emphasize with children the importance of having that helper sent by Jesus. The Holy Spirit is a blessing that reminds us of God’s omnipresence. That thought should bring us comfort and hope! In honor of the idea of comfort, here are two crafts that have a “comfy” element with them.
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider… (Main Text: John 14:15-21)
Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. -John 14:19
Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” -John 14:21
“And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” -Matthew 28:20
The Holy Spirit brings me comfort!
Jesus is always near. He comforts me!
More teaching ideas about the Holy Spirit
- See our video playlist with teaching ideas about the Holy Spirit
- Browse all the Holy Spirit related resources on our website
- See the Holy Spirit Pinwheel craft project for kids
- See our four lesson series for Sunday School “Who is the Holy Spirit?”
Craft one: “Comfort Reminder Roll”
You will need:
- Foam, felt, or other soft material
- Permanent markers, fabric markers, or puffy paint (optional)
- String, ribbon, or pipe cleaners
- Choose what kind of “comfort” item you’d like to create: it could be a bookmark, a mini pillow, a rolled “blanket” or decoration. Prepare the materials you have for the task.
- Cut your materials to the appropriate size.
- Add a verse or caption, using fabric markers or puffy paint.
- Place extra decorations, hanging items, or filling into the comfort item, as desired.
- Hang, stroke, squeeze, or look to your reminder as needed!
Craft Two: “Comfort Box”
You will need:
- Construction Paper or card stock
- Stickers or decorative supplies
- Glue and/or tape
- Wrapping paper or cloth
- Tissue paper or felt
- Pom poms or other decorations
- Shoebox or other container
- Pipe cleaners or string
- Items of comfort (photos, small toys, etc.)
- Adorn your container as desired, with wrapping paper or construction paper.
- Decorate the paper with verse captions, stickers, words, and images.
- Add extra decorations if desired.
- Inside the box/container, line with tissue paper or felt.
- Fill with small items that will bring comfort and joy. Look through the special box when in need of a “heart hug”!