Everything we have comes from God (James 1:17), and we are told to give thanks for everything (1 Thessalonians 5:18). This Thanksgiving game for Sunday School is a fun way to remind children of the many things they have to be thankful for. It would be a great addition to any of our Thankfulness Bible lessons
There are two versions. The 3×3 cards are suitable for grade school children who understand the concept of 3 in a row. The 2×2 cards will work better for preschoolers and maybe kindergartners.
- Print the 3×3 bingo cards or the 2×2 bingo cards on card stock or heavy paper.
- Print the 9 calling cards on card stock or heavy paper, and cut them apart.
- Cut colored paper or cardboard into 1-inch squares to make markers (or choose to use other markers).
- Give each player a bingo card and a handful of markers. (Picture 1)
- The leader draws a calling card, reads the title, and holds the card up for everyone to see. (Picture 2)
- Each player with a square matching the calling card places a marker on that square.
- The winner is the first person to get three markers in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally in the 3×3 bingo game or to mark all the pictures on the card in the 2×2 bingo game. (Picture 3)
- Dump the markers and start over. Players can trade cards if they wish.
- Prizes are not necessary; kids love learning and playing games just for the fun of it.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Our Bible lessons are designed to keep the kids’ attention and show how God's Word makes a difference. Every series is flexible enough for a wide-age group and affordable enough for small churches. Download a free Bible lesson in pdf or view our latest Sunday School curriculum for kids.
2 thoughts on “Thanksgiving Bingo for Sunday School”
This Thanksgiving Bingo is the BEST way to reinforce being Thankful. I know “my” kids will love it! I looked at so many crafts and games and lessons, and this is my favorite!! Thank you so much!!
I appreciate all you content. Thanks!