Everything we have comes from God (James 1:17), and we are told to give thanks for everything (1 Thessalonians 5:18). This game is a fun way to remind children of the many things they have to be thankful for.
There are two versions. The 3×3 cards are suitable for grade school children who understand the concept of 3 in a row. The 2×2 cards will work better for preschoolers and maybe kindergartners.
- Print the 3×3 bingo cards or the 2×2 bingo cards on card stock or heavy paper.
- Print the 9 calling cards on card stock or heavy paper, and cut them apart.
- Cut colored paper or cardboard into 1-inch squares to make markers (or choose to use other markers).
- Give each player a bingo card and a handful of markers. (Picture 1)
- The leader draws a calling card, reads the title, and holds the card up for everyone to see. (Picture 2)
- Each player with a square matching the calling card places a marker on that square.
- The winner is the first person to get three markers in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally in the 3×3 bingo game or to mark all the pictures on the card in the 2×2 bingo game. (Picture 3)
- Dump the markers and start over. Players can trade cards if they wish.
- Prizes are not necessary; kids love learning and playing games just for the fun of it.