Resolutions…from the Inside Out! Craft Ideas for New Year and Strength in Christ. The start of a new calendar year is a time that finds many people making goals and resolutions for themselves. As Christians, we recognize that striving for improvement is wonderful, but that we can do nothing without Jesus and the true change made by the Holy Spirit’s presence in our lives. These crafts celebrate the ringing in of a new year, and the importance of focusing hopes and expectations on Christ. A noisemaker allows joyful enthusiasm and reminds children to focus on Jesus. A “pop up scroll” displays prayers, goals, and ideas for a new year.
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider… (John 1:10-18)
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. -John 1:12-13
All things are possible through CHRIST!
Goals are popping up! Check inside!
Focus on Christ in the new year!
The year is new… it’s 2022!
Celebrate! Rejoice! Make a joyful noise!
More Teaching Ideas:
- Watch the teaching example of this children’s sermon lesson and related Bible craft ideas
- Compare our previous John 1:10-18 Sunday School Lesson
- Compare an alternate children’s sermon and kids church ideas on this passage
- Download our New Year coloring pages or purchase our 4-Week New Year’s Curriculum
Craft one: “Joyful New Year Noisemaker”
You will need:
- Paper plates (any size)
- Markers and/or crayons
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Stickers and decorations
- Glue, stapler, or tape
- Pipe cleaner
- Popsicle sticks (optional)
- Dry pasta, rice, or beads
- Decorate each paper plate with pictures, verse captions, stickers, and more.
- Carefully place dry pasta noodles or beads inside of a plate and staple the two together, sandwiching the popsicle stick between.
- Option: add a pipe cleaner or ribbon to hang.
- Add a cross and extra decorations as desired. Shake and make a joyful noise!
Craft Two: “Pop-up Goal Scroll”
You will need:
- Construction paper or card stock
- Decorations (stickers, etc.)
- Tape or glue
- Balloons (optional)
- Pipe cleaners
1. Write down specific, reasonable goals on a long piece of paper.
2. Fold paper accordion-style (back and forth).
3. Decorate an envelope to tuck goals into. Add verses or captions as desired.
4. Add pipe cleaners or balloons for extra “flair”.
5. Tuck the goal list into the envelope and hang as a reminder of how to do all things through JESUS.