The world can be a frightful place for young children. This series of Bible lessons will help the children in your class to trust in Jesus as their Good Shepherd. It draws from several passages in the Gospel of John to show how He loves, saves, and protects them.
These lesson plans are intended for preschool children, ages 2-5. They were written by Kristen Charles for a children’s church or Preschool Sunday School, but can be adapted to meet your particular ministry setting. Each lesson includes additional learning activities for your class.
- Sheep LOVED by a Shepherd: Preschool Lesson
- Sheep SAVED by a Shepherd: Preschool Lesson
- Sheep PROTECTED by a Shepherd: A Preschool Bible Lesson
Print our free Jesus the Good Shepherd Coloring page to go along with any of these lesson plans. It has a background page that explains why we need a shepherd and then a cut-out illustration of Jesus.
Other Related Resources
Here are some other materials on our website that might assist you as you teach through this series. Please share your ideas in the comment section below.
- Check out this elementary aged lesson plan based on John 10 about Jesus knowing his sheep.
- Watch my book recommendation for Sammy and His Shepherd by Susan Hunt – children will discover Jesus from Psalm 23 in this charming children’s book
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.