Need a craft for a special Mother’s Day service? We all know how much kids love to give Mom gifts–and she sure deserves them! This Mother’s Day craft gives kids something to do and leaves them with something special to give to Mom. No shopping required.
What You’ll Need
- Cardstock (bright or pastel colors work well)
- Safety scissors
- Tea Bags (individually wrapped)
How to Make the Take Home Tea Cup
- Place one sheet of cardstock on a flat surface. The short sides should be at the top and bottom.
- Fold the bottom edge up matching the top edge. Smooth the crease with your hand.
- Use a pencil to draw a tea cup shape on the folded cardstock. For younger children, you could make a cut out to trace. The bottom of the cup cutout should line up with the folded crease.
- Keeping the cardboard folded, cut out the shape. Don’t cut it in half. Carefully poke a hole in the cup handle and cut it out.
- Glue the two tea cups together on three sides. Leave the top of the cup open. Set the cup aside to let it dry for a few minutes.
- Cut out a small square of paper to be used as a tea bag tag.
- Write a sweet note on the tag.
- Tape the paper to a piece of string.
- Staple the other end of the string inside the cup.
- Color a pretty pattern on the outside of the tea cup. You could also write, “Happy Mother’s Day!”
- Slide the tea bag inside the cup.
Now you have a wonderful take home gift for your kids. Some kids will probably need help with this activity. Get in there and have some fun!
Read more from Mimi by following her blog at Tools for Kids Church.
Don’t miss our Mother’s Day Sunday School lesson and coloring sheets for Mother’s Day.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Our Bible lessons are designed to keep the kids’ attention and show how God's Word makes a difference. Every series is flexible enough for a wide-age group and affordable enough for small churches. Download a free Bible lesson in pdf or view our latest Sunday School curriculum for kids.