Mother’s Day is coming up and it’s always a good idea to have your class make something for their moms. Here is a simple craft that doesn’t take a lot of preparation or supplies.
- Copy 1 flower page per child (click here to download)
- Green construction paper
- Various colors of construction paper
- Markers/Crayons/Colored Pencils
- Optional – various decorating supplies (stickers, stamps, etc.)
- Let each child choose a color of construction paper to be the base of their project.
- Give each child their copy of the flower printout. Have them write something nice about their mom on each flower. Then they can color and cut out each flower.
- Using the green construction paper, the children can cut out stems for their flowers (or you can have them cut out before class).
- Once they have all of their flower parts prepared, they can be free to glue their picture together. Let them be creative, but remind them that it will be for their mom and so to think about what she would like. They can even write her a special message on the back.
For an extra touch, include a Bible verse about mothers on the construction paper. Since kids will finish this craft at different times, you might want some mother’s day coloring sheets on hand. We trust your kids will enjoy this simple craft and it will encourage their moms. Don’t forget we have complete mother’s day Sunday School lessons on our website too.
Please leave a comment below to share how you used this craft in your ministry. We always love to hear how you personalized this project or made it better.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Our Bible lessons are designed to keep the kids’ attention and show how God's Word makes a difference. Every series is flexible enough for a wide-age group and affordable enough for small churches. Download a free Bible lesson in pdf or view our latest Sunday School curriculum for kids.