Kids love stories, but sometimes us grow-ups take all the fun out of the retelling.
One of my Sunday School teachers sent me this video link tonight. At first I thought it was just another cute kid telling a bible story, but it’s really much more.
This young girl tells a Bible storybook version of Jonah with such skill that I had to watch it through the end. You’ll love it too, and if you pay attention she can make you a better Bible storyteller too. It’s just that good…
Here are 5 quick lesson I’ll remember from this video:
- You don’t need fancy props to tell a good story. Sometimes an honest curiosity is the best illustration.
- Preparation matters. This little girl appears to have memorized the tale by heart.
- Pausing and using dramatic voices really makes the story come alive. I love the way she voice acts the different characters in the story.
- When the story gets intense, make sure your voice follows suit. I love the way she gets so intense when the storm is raging.
- Parents who love the Bible raise kids who love the Bible. I can’t image this little girls mom is indifferent to God’s word. I would guess it’s much more than a storybook in their home.
I’d love to hear your impressions, click here to leave a comment. You can also browse all our free Jonah lessons and resources.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Our Bible lessons are designed to keep the kids’ attention and show how God's Word makes a difference. Every series is flexible enough for a wide-age group and affordable enough for small churches. Download a free Bible lesson in pdf or view our latest Sunday School curriculum for kids.
4 thoughts on “Watch this Short Video, and You Can Become a Better Storyteller”
I was enthralled by this little girl! What a great presentation and entirely captivating!
Absolutely amazing…. where was she when I spent all those years in Sunday School
classes? Who is she and where does she live, etc. GREAT story teller…
A really great story beautifully told by this talented little girl.
This is too precious. I had to send the link to my family!
Thank you for this. This made my day!