There are tons of great children’s ministry blogs out there. You can check out a great list of them here on Ministry-to-Children.com. Part of our role as children’s ministers, though, is to provide kids a solid foundation of knowledge in Christ and various Biblical doctrines. In order to do that, we must also be firmly grounded in those truths. Here are ten great blogs for theological information and discussions. In no particular order:
1. Desiring God Blog. With articles from John Piper and a host of other great authors, this blog will challenge you and inform you with solid biblically based articles.
2. Between Two Worlds. Justin Taylor is a prolific blogger. In addition to sharing his own thoughts and insights, this blog links to articles from all over the blogosphere. There are generally numerous posts to this blog on any given day.
3. The Gospel Coalition Blog. This great blog combines the voices of a number of authors to “promote gospel-centered ministry for the next generation. We discuss the Bible, theology, church history, books, culture, and more.”
4. DeYoung, Restless and Reformed. This is the blog of Kevin DeYoung who is the Senior Pastor at University Reformed Church in East Lansing, Michigan. I have come to trust this blog as a source of sound, biblically based articles and insights.
5. Resurgence. Mark Driscoll is the most prominently featured author at this site, but there are also articles from a number of other well known and respected theologians including John Piper, Matt Chandler, Tim Keller, CJ Mahaney, Ed Stetzer and more.
6. Trevin Wax. There is plenty of food for thought here including articles like Urban Legends: The Preacher’s Edition. Trevin also does a frequent segment called “Worth a Look” which links to other articles worth your attention.
7. Russell Moore. Where can you read about deep theological and moral issue and also explore the depth of country music? The answer is right here on Dr. Moore’s blog.
8. Between the Times. Like several of the other blogs in this list, Between the Times brings together a number of well-respected authors who cover a gamut of topics related to Christianity and the Bible.
9. Adrian Warnock. Adrian Warnock is part of the leadership team of Jubilee Church in London, England. He takes on all kinds of issues on this blog.
10. Albert Mohler. When I think about Albert Mohler blog, it is like current culture meets theology. Mohler addresses issues in the news and always does so from a biblical worldview.
There you have it. These are ten blogs which I follow to help keep me sharp and grounded. As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another, and these blogs will help to keep you sharp. One word of caution though. While I find that I generally agree with most of what I read on these blogs, everything should, of course, be judged against the truth of God presented in the Bible. I’ve heard it said that if you agree with 100% of what anyone says then you should question whether or not you have become an idolater of that person. Happy reading!
New Sunday School Curriculum: Our Bible lessons are designed to keep the kids’ attention and show how God's Word makes a difference. Every series is flexible enough for a wide-age group and affordable enough for small churches. Download a free Bible lesson in pdf or view our latest Sunday School curriculum for kids.