M&M Easter Poem for Children

M&M's candy bag open

* This idea was submitted by Bethany Tapp, the director of children’s ministries at the United Christian Church of Dubai.

I’d seen Christmas M&M poems and  decided to come up with an Easter version that included as much of the truth of the gospel as possible. I’m excited about being able to give these to the kids in our church this week, and hope they make a big impact on the families of the church.

This free printable would be a simple gift to offer all the children on Easter morning. You could even use the poem for a children’s sermon or object talk about the Gospel. Please leave a comment below to share your creative ideas for using this resource. You can find even more resources from Bethany on her children’s ministry website.

Poem: The SWEET Truth of Easter

These candies tell a story~
the best news you’ll ever hear.
~It’s about Jesus dying on the cross
so that we could be brought near.

So hold them and turn them and you will see…
the “M” become a “W”an “E” and then a “3″

The “E” stands for… Easter….
God’s everlasting love and His eternal plan.

It reminds us of the cross
and the way God rescued sinful man

The “3″ represent the 3 days Jesus spent in the grave….
By His death, His children He did save

The “M” reminds us of the mercy the Messiah showed
as He died in our place.
and the miracle of the resurrection
so we can see Him face to face.

The “W” reminds us… that He alone
is worthy of our worship and praise
and calls us to be His witnesses
around the world for all of our days.

Printable Easter Poem for Kids

Written by Bethany Tapp

Comments

1. Gail Osborne says

Thank you for this. I did this poem for kids time during our service. both the kids and the adults enjoyed it. I did it with the M&Ms and I am hoping that each time they eat some, they will think of our Savior.

2. Nana Jo says

Thanks Bethany, I’m giving this poem (and lollies) to my non Christian friends coming to Easter Lunch..Nana Jo

3. Taylor Actkins says

This poem is amazingly sweet! Thank you so much for sharing. I am adding this poem and M&Ms to my Sunday school kid’s Easter bags. I was already planning on putting a little something together for them, this will top off their gift perfectly. THANK YOU! May God continue to bless you! :-)

4. Janis says

How refreshingly sweet! Definitely using this in our Easter program this year! Thank you!!

5. Jim Finley says

Perfect for our Easter clown ministry this year! God bless you all! This is AWESOME

6. Heather Green says

How sweet!! I love this; we will definitely be using this poem for our Kid’s Church on Easter morning…probably for many years to come! Thank you for this wonderful lesson.

7. Nelly says

Thank you Bethany, i have always seen M&M as chocolates, now as a POEM is very creative. Remain blessed in the LORD.

8. Ginger Schultz says

Very neat and very creative Bethany! I always love your ideas. I have been thinking of you lately as I am reading yet again your 1st Easter book with the girls as an advent to Easter. We laminated it 2 years ago, and now it has become a tradition for our bedtime reading. Can’t wait to try to this one too! Thanks

9. Caroline says

Thanks Bethany for such a great idea. I am going to give out M&Ms with this poem to my kids in SRE class tomorrow. Brilliant and inspired. THank you for sharing.

I love this! I am looking something besides a treat bag to give the children that are participating in out church Easter Drama. And I believe this just may be the thing! Thanks for sharing!

11. Angela Robins says

We’re going to be using your poem as an Easter skit and hand out little baskets with M&Ms and the poem inside to the entire congregation.

12. animeeyes says

Loved the poem! I truly believe that kids learn better by using their senses and what a better way than touching and eating the candy=)

13. Shaunna Bernshausen says

Thank you so much for sharing this idea. Our church is not large and I am using this to greet all the children as they come in tomorrow! I just went and got last minute m & m’s to pass out! Thanks again for sharing your ideas! <

• Andrea says

I did the poem today, but without buying M&Ms – too much sugar – the kids loved it!

14. Beth Jackson says

Thank you so much for the adorable poem. Because this poem is created with M&Ms, I think children will be reminded of the poem each time they eat the candy. Bless you!

15. Elaine says

Bethany… This is a creative way to share the Easter Story. I will use it in our Sunday School this Sunday. Thank you!

16. Amelia Childress says

Thanks so much for all your information on this and other things
    as well. I love the poem and plan to use it as part of my Childrens’
    Sermon this Easter Sunday. Please keep me informed of any new
    posts etc. Thanks again. Amelia Childress

17. Linda Huey says

This is so “SWEET”! Such a simple way to tell the Easter story! Thank you for sharing. I am going to use this tonight at AWANA’s!

18. Leanne says

Beautiful idea. We use a similar one for the 3 Wise Men. One word of caution: M & M’s have an allergy alert. It is important to be aware of this as it could be LIFE THREATENING for some people!
    I have an excellent prop that I use for this. At Christmas time the stores were selling a ‘giant’ M & M candy holder filled with M & M’s. It is about 8 inches across and it is used as a prop while someone reads the poem.

“M & M Christmas Poem”.

As you hold these candies in your hand,
    And turn them you will see
    The M becomes a W,
    and the E then a 3.

They tell the Christmas story,
    It’s one I’m sure you know.
    It took place in a stable,
    a long, long time ago.

The E is for the East,
    where the star shone so bright.
    The M is for the manger,
    where Baby Jesus slept that night.
    The 3 is for the wise men:
    bearing gifts they saw, they came
    W is for Worship:
    Hallelujah, Praise His Name!

So as you eat these candies
    or share them with a friend,
    Remember the meaning of Christmas:
    it’s a Love Story that never ends.

• Linda Huey says

Thank you for this! I will save this to use at Christmas! Such a great way to tell the Christmas story!

Bethany…I LOVE this…I’ll share it on my blog, and you can bet there will be Easter M&M’s on our dining room table this year. Thanks so much for a yummy way to tell this most wonderful story.

Trackbacks