Most Christian parents and Sunday School teachers say that Bible memorization is important for children. It helps kids hide God’s Word in their heart and builds a framework for interpreting life.
But what Bible memory verses should I start with?
Here are the kids bible memory verses that I recommend as a good starting point. They will help children think about the character of God. By starting with easy Bible verses, the children will have confidence to learn more. These are also great to use as preschool Bible verses.
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
- Proverbs 30:5 (coloring page) Every word of God proves true.
- Matthew 6:24 – (coloring page) No one can serve two masters.
- Deuteronomy 6:5 (coloring page | hand movements) You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
- Matthew 22:39 (coloring page) You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 (coloring page) Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.
- Psalm 19:1 (coloring page) The heavens declare the glory of God.
- Genesis 1:1 (coloring page) In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
- Psalm 139:14 – (girl coloring page | boy coloring page) I praise you God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Isaiah 43:5 (coloring page) Do not be afraid for I am with you.
- Psalm 1:6 – The LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
More Bible Verses For Children?
What other verse would you add to the list? What scripture memory would be a good next step after learning these basic Bible verses? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts about these short bible verses. You can also print this list to use with your family.