Teach the Beatitudes with these Craft ideas for Sunday School. Download the directions, gather your supplies, and watch our demonstration video below. These are perfect for your Sunday School or children’s ministry. Please leave a comment below to share how they worked out in your kids church.
Craft ideas related to the Beatitudes
Blessed are You!
Blessed are You! Craft Ideas for the Beatitudes and Happiness in Jesus
The beatitudes can seem somewhat confusing and contradictory for young children. What does it mean to be blessed? And why would someone who is sad or shy or hurting receive good things? The main idea to communicate is that we can have hope and peace when we place our faith in Jesus Christ alone. He has great plans for our lives if we follow Him first. These crafts aim to provide reminders for students of what it means to be “blessed”. These are also helpful tools for students working on memorizing the verses of the beatitudes.
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider…
I will put my trust in God for a blessed “BE-Attitude”!
I find joy in Jesus!
A Biblical way to be blessed…
Blessed are the…
Consider any parts of the beatitudes in Matthew 5:1-12
More Ideas for Teaching the Beatitudes
- Don’t miss and Sunday School lessons on the Beatitudes
- Watch the demonstration video of these our Beatitude crafts on YouTube
- Compare our Preschool Bible lesson on the Beatitudes
Craft: “Beatitude Garden”
You will need (craft supplies)
- Paper or notecards
- Paper bags or baskets
- Markers or decorating materials
- Glue or tape
- Popsicle sticks
Procedure : How To Craft Directions
- Cut the paper into geometric shapes or flower shapes.
- Decorate the paper with the words of the beatitudes, adding a picture for reminder reference. If space allows, write the starting line on one side of the paper, and the conclusion on the other side.
- Glue or tape the papers onto popsicle sticks.
- Decorate a basket, bucket, or bag to hold the beatitudes; or merely cut slits into a large sheet of construction paper.
- Place the “flowers” into the container. Use as a reminder of the words of Jesus!
Craft: “Wheel of Beatitudes”
You will need (craft supplies)
- Paper or cardstock
- Paper plates
- Brad fasteners
- Popsicle sticks (optional)
- Decorative materials (markers, crayons, etc.)
Procedure and Directions
- Cut the construction paper into a circle, slightly smaller than the paper plate.
- Divide the plate into sections, drawing lines like a “pie.”
- Write the beginning words of the beatitudes verses on the outside of the paper plate, giving one to each section (“meek,” “pure in heart,” etc.). Inside the wedge, write the promise attached to the verse (“they shall inherit the earth”; “they shall receive mercy”, etc.).
- Cut a triangular piece out of the circular paper so that one “slice” of the wheel is fully available at a time. On the paper, decorate and/or write “Blessed are the….”
- Line up the paper on top of the plate, and carefully poke the brad through both. This may require a pre-punched hole with scissors.
- Spin the “wheel” to learn the beatitudes! Attach the plate to a stick for ease of carrying, if desired.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.