Kids love science experiments. So its cool when you can use science experiments to teach them lessons from the Bible. Children’s Ministry Deals just released a brand new curriculum series called Bible Science 6-Week Children’s Ministry Curriculum and you can download the first lesson and science experiment for free. This goes way beyond science object lessons – its full Bible lessons illustrated with kid-friendly science activities.
Bible Memory Verse: “He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.” -Job 5:9 (NIV)
Also, they just released 10 FREE Science themed Minute to Win It games that are perfect to use during Children’s Church or Sunday School.
Most teachers know that different learning activities appeal to different learning styles. Children’s ministry is much more fun when you include something hands on that kids will love. This type of active learning with science experiments is too often neglected in our Sunday School lessons.
More About: Children’s Church Science Lessons
Check out the fun lesson themes. I love how they related so well to the object lessons.
- Soda Geyser – Classic science fun with a wow factor. Students will see an explosion of liquid as the amount of soda seems to grow and grow. This relates back to Jesus, he will always have all that we need. John 6:1-13, Jesus Feeds Five Thousand
- Lava Lamp – Everyone will remember this one. Children will make a relaxing, groovy lava lamp. Kids will learn that Jesus wants us to take time to relax and spend time with him. Luke 10:38-42, Story of Mary and Martha
- Magnetic Slime – What’s more fun than slime! With this experiment kids will create a slime that is irresistibly drawn to magnets. This lesson plan shows how God draws us to an irresistible life with Jesus. Matthew 4:18-22, Calling the First Disciples
- Exploding Lunch Bag – With this experiment kids will learn how a chemical reaction can cause things to get out of control. Kids will learn that even when life seems totally out of control, Jesus can deliver us. Bible story is Mark 5:1-20, Jesus Heals A Demon-Possessed Man.
- Balancing Act – With this experiment kids will balance hex nuts in a seemingly impossible way. Kids will learn that when we put our faith in Jesus, the impossible becomes possible. Teaching is from Matthew 14:22-36, Jesus Walks On Water
- Potato Battery – With this experiment kids will learn that even an object as simple as a potato can possess power. Kids will learn when we rely on Jesus he will give us the power to do great things. Study on Acts 3:1-10, Peter Heals A Crippled Beggar