Children’s Ministry Craft ideas from Mark 14:1–9; Luke 7:36–50; John 12:1–8; Matthew 26:6-13
Most Valuable Things…Give Them to Christ! Craft Ideas for the Anointing of Jesus. Our “Jesus is Anointed” Bible Craft Activities for Sunday School are the perfect way to teach your little ones about this important event in Jesus’ life! With easy-to-follow instructions and plenty of opportunity for creativity, these crafts are sure to be a hit with your students! These crafts are included in our free Mary Anoints Jesus Sunday School lesson.
Perfume on feet? Wiping it up with hair? The story of Mary’s anointing of Christ might seem strange on the surface, especially for kids. However, it communicates some important truths. We see in John 12 how valuable and wonderful Jesus is. Mary treasured the Messiah and wanted to give him all that she could. We should love and value Christ, as well, especially since we know that He loves and values us. These crafts recall the story and the importance of putting God first. A “Perfume Piggy Bank” represents gifts that can be given to Jesus, and serves as a coin bank. A “Hairy feet ornament” uses yarn and paper to show the strange actions of Mary in the story.
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider…
Jesus said, “Leave her alone, so that she may keep it[c] for the day of my burial. 8 For the poor you always have with you, but you do not always have me.” -John 12:7-8
Mary anointed Jesus…I’ll give my heart to Christ!
Jesus loves me…I offer myself as a gift!
More fragrant than perfume…my gift to Jesus!
More Bible Teaching Ideas on the Anointing of Jesus at Bethany:
- Watch the children’s sermon lesson on this Bible story and related Crafts for Sunday School
- See our children’s sermon lesson on John 12:1-8
- Download our free kids Bible lesson for kids from Matthew 26:1-13
- Study some Bible verses on anointing oil and the meaning of holy oil anointing
- Download our free C if for Christ Bible coloring page
Craft one: “Perfume Piggy Bank”
You will need:
- Empty container (coffee can, box, oatmeal, etc.)
- Glue or tape
- Construction paper, cardstock or cardboard
- Markers or decorating materials
- Stickers, glitter, jewels, or other decorations
- Scented bag (optional)
- Decorate paper or cardstock with verses or captions. Consider a theme of saving valuable items or collecting coins.
- Use paper to cover a box or container. Add extra decorations as desired.
- Attach extra verses if needed. Add hole for the container, if using as a piggy bank. Collect monetary or “life offering” contributions in your bank!
Craft Two: “Hairy Feet Ornament”
You will need:
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Glue and/or tape
- Decorative materials (markers, crayons, stickers)
- String or yarn
- Cross decoration (optional)
1. Cut one paper or cardstock piece to resemble a foot. Cut another in a heart shape.
2. Decorate the foot and heart with stickers, pictures, and more.
3. Add verses or captions as desired. Option: spritz with scented perfume.
4. Use yarn or string to represent “hair.” Attach to the foot shape and the heart shape, stringing together if desired. Display to recount the story and the importance of giving ourselves to Jesus.
Looking for a fun and creative way to teach about the anointing of Jesus? Look no further than our Jesus is Anointed Bible Craft Activities for Sunday School! This craft activity is perfect for Sunday school classes, Vacation Bible School, or any other time you want to teach about this important Biblical story.
Using simple materials that you probably already have around the house, your kids will love making these anointed Jesus crafts! Each craft activity comes with easy-to-follow instructions and photos, so even the most novice crafter can succeed. Plus, these crafts double as great decoration for your classroom or home!
So what are you waiting for? Get crafting today with our Jesus is Anointed Bible Craft Activities for Sunday
These Bible Craft Activities for Sunday School are the perfect way to teach your children about the anointing of Jesus. With these crafts, they will be able to create their own anointed Savior and learn about His great sacrifice. These activities are easy to follow and include all of the necessary materials. Order your set today and get ready to have a meaningful Sunday School lesson!