Here is a craft idea that you can use in your children’s ministry around valentines day. Basically you will use two pieces of red construction paper and some ribbon to sow together a heart pocket. This can be used to store Sunday school Bible verses. Don’t miss our John 3:16 heart coloring page.
Craft: My Heart Belongs to Jesus
You could also use the “My Heart Belongs to Jesus” craft in the following video:
Craft one: Heart “bank” for prayers and pennies
You will need:
- Stickers (if desired)
- Markers/decorative materials
- Cut a heart shape out of one piece of paper.
- Write on and/or decorate the paper to be the front of the “bank”
- Glue the heart onto another background paper, placing the glue around the outer edges to leave room in the center.
- Alternatively, attach an envelope or flap to the heart for easier removal.
- Use for collecting money or prayer request slips.
Heart Pockets Craft
You can even write something like “I love learning God’s Word” on the outside of the heart craft. Watch the video demonstration for the details. Also check out these photos that one reader took after making the craft. One suggested time to use this lesson would be around Valentines day for an easy Sunday school activity. You might also find it useful for a Valentines Day Heart craft. To make it even more biblical, you could add a Bible verse from Psalm 119:11, “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” You could actually build a whole Sunday school lesson around this theme.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.