Take an look at the 2019 VBS theme from LifeWay called “In the Wild.” They sent us a free review copy and we’re excited to share what we found. You’ll be excited to win a both the Starter Kit and the Jump Start kit featured below.
How To Win: Watch my preview video below (and scroll down to see more official details). Then leave a comment about why you’d want to use “In The Wild” VBS in your church. Next Friday, I’ll draw a random winner and email them for a shipping address.
Theme Verse: But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31 (CSB)
Motto: Zoom in! Focus on Jesus!
As you can see from the materials above, this is a fresh take on the classic “jungle / safari” theme. I’m just digging into the curriculum, but here are a few of my first impressions.
All 5 Bible lessons focus on encounters with Jesus from the Gospels. This sets up a nice opportunity for evangelism, especially for new kids who haven’t yet heard these stories.
Daily Bible Content
- Day 1 – Encounter in the Temple / Luke 2:41-52 / The Point: Jesus knew why He came.
- Day 2 – Encounter at the River / Matthew 3:1-17 / The Point: Jesus is the Son of God.
- Day 3 – Encounter on the Water / Matthew 14:22-33 / The Point: Jesus proved He is God’s Son.
- Day 4 – Encounter at the Tomb / John 20:1-18 / The Point: Jesus rose from the dead.
- Day 5 – Encounter on the Road / Luke 24:13-35 / The Point: The Bible was written so I can believe.
- Day 1 Encounter in the Temple / Luke 2:41-52 / The Point: Jesus talked about God.
- Day 2 Encounter at the River / Matthew 3:1-17 / The Point: Jesus is God’s Son.
- Day 3 Encounter on the Water / Matthew 14:22-33 / The Point: Jesus can do anything.
- Day 4 Encounter at the Tomb / John 20:1-18 / The Point: Jesus is alive!
- Day 5 Encounter on the Road / Luke 24:13-35 / The Point: All of the Bible tells about Jesus.
I’ve always argued the music matters just as much as the teaching in VBS – especially when you make sure every kid gets a CD to take home.
The music from In The Wild is well done, as I would expect from LifeWay. It’s catchy, age-appropriate, and has great teaching value in the lyrics. They have a separate set of songs for preschoolers too. Visit their official website to listen to music sample tracks.