In a world of confusion and mixed messages, what can we rely on? The focus of this lesson is how we trust the Word of God and the truth of who Jesus was. We place our hope in Him and believe the words of the Bible. The two crafts here involve valuing people and valuing Scripture. A special picture frame is set up to commemorate important people. A “Bible study chart” assists in reading God’s Word by suggesting various daily genres and passage types to explore.
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider… (Mark 13:1-8)
And Jesus began to say to them, “See that no one leads you astray. -Mark 13:5
6 Many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and they will lead many astray. 7 And when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. This must take place, but the end is not yet. -Mark 13:6-7
Thank you, God, for special people!
God’s Word is reliable and true! I’ll read it every day!
Trust in God’s Word…He keeps His promises!
More Teaching Ideas
- Watch the demonstration of this children’s sermon lesson and craft ideas
- Compare another Mark 13:1-8 children’s sermon from rFour.org
Craft one: “Special People Picture Frame”
You will need:
- Stickers or decorations
- String or ribbon
- Markers and/or crayons
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Glue or tape
- Popsicle sticks
- Place four (or more) popsicle sticks of any size in a square or diamond shape, gluing the sticks together or attaching them to paper.
- Decorate the paper with captions or phrases.
- Add stickers or additional decorative elements.
- Attach a string, ribbon, or pipe cleaner to hang the paper if desired.
- Add a picture in the frame. Hang and enjoy!
Craft Two: “Shiny Stuff is God’s” Decoration
You will need:
- Paper plate
- Decorations (stickers, etc.)
- Hole punch
1. Divide one side of the plate into four or more sections, depending on how many genres of Bible you wish to focus on.
2. Decorate each section with pictures or descriptions of Biblical components, such as Old Testament, Epistles, Gospels, or Psalms.
3. On the other side of the plate, add verses or captions about God’s Word.
4. Decorate with additional elements as desired.
5. Attach a string or pipe cleaner to hang the chart. Use it to rotate various types of Scripture passages to focus on each day. If desired, add extra methods of noting which days to read which sections.