Do you need a sample job description for a children’s minister? Then check out our basic template below. It is easily customizable for your church or situation. For example, you might include more specific duties and lines of accountability.
Please leave a comment below to share your own ideas for making it even better.
Position: Children’s Pastor
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer programming, special events, etc…
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events such as VBS, Fall Festival, Baby Dedications, etc…