Have some fun this Mother’s Day — Use these 10 questions to see who can find the answers. Of course, they are just kids so provide them with a hint like book, chapter and verse, if necessary.
Ten Easy Bible Mom Trivia
- Which mom puts her baby in a basket to save him?
- (Yocheved) Exodus 2
- Which mom prayed for a baby while she visited a temple?
- (Hannah) 1 Samuel 1:10
- What mom saw her son die on a cross?
- (Mary) John 19:25
- Name the mom of John the Baptist?
- (Elizabeth) Luke 1
- Who was the first mother on earth?
- (Eve) Genesis 2
- Who was Joseph’s mother?
- (Rachel) Genesis 30:25
- Which evil mother taught her daughter to dance seductively and ask for John the Baptist’s head for a prize?
- (Herodias) Matthew 14:6
- Who called herself, “The Mother of Israel?”
- (Deborah) Genesis 35
- Whose mother brought him a new coat each year?
- (Hannah) 1 Samuel 2:19
- What does the law say you should do when you find a bird on its nest?
- (Let the mother go free.) Deuteronomy 22:8
Printable – Moms in the Bible Trivia
Mother’s Day is approaching! Do you have some fun games lined up for the many kids who will visit your church? Have some extra bibles on hand so kids who don’t normally bring a bible will have access to one for this trivia game.
I don’t recommend Bible games as an icebreaker, especially when you have new kids, but once every knows who their new friends are, let the games begin!
I visited the dollar store and purchase six small white dry erase boards. I gave one to each of my contests. Each contest had a partner who helped him or her find the bible answers. When they thought they had the answer, they wrote the answer on the board. At the end of five minutes, I asked all the contestants to reveal their answers! We swapped up and got new contestants and partners. It was a fun way to get kids into the word, and working together.
Really emphasize that just calling the out the answer will get you disqualified. Some kids know their stuff!
Don’t miss our longer collection of Bible Trivia for Kids
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.