Serving in children’s ministry has been the best thing I’ve ever done! Aside from having two wonderful children of my own, I feel blessed to have ministered to thousands of kids around the US. That being said, you have to have tough skin and Duracell battery faith to work in kids min. I may be willing to take a pie in the face for Jesus but I’m only human. I need encouragement occasionally—so do you.
Children aren’t the most articulate at saying thank you but I know they feel it and mean it. On behalf of the kids you serve I’m here to share with you 20 things kids really want to say to you.
- Thank you for remembering my name.
- Thank you for noticing that I was absent.
- Thank you for letting me go first.
- Thank you for recognizing that I am not my sibling.
- Thank you for the hug/smile/handshake.
- Thank you for praying with me.
- Thank you for being kind to my parents.
- Thank you for inviting me to you event.
- Thank you for acting like a kid from time to time.
- Thank you for setting boundaries. It makes me feel safe.
- Thank you for teaching bible verse. I do remember them.
- Thank you for introducing me to David, Samson and Jesus.
- Thank you for the paper mache props.
- Thank you for praying for my pet/imaginary friend/deceased loved one.
- Thank you for never making me wait for you to come to class.
- Thank you for letting me help. It builds my confidence and makes me feel valuable.
- Thank you for repeating yourself.
- Thank you for the incentives, prizes and surprises.
- Thank you for giving up your juice box so I could have an extra one.
- Thank you for serving God and serving me.
You are valued, children’s minster! You are loved and celebrated! You may not feel you are the best at telling bible stories or drawing pictures but we love you. What would life be like without you? Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. We love you!
Read more from Mimi by following her blog a Tools for Kids Church.