Kids will love this Virtual VBS curriculum for 2020. It features at 3 day VBS at home schedule, but could also be done fully online.
BOLT VBS is a new curriculum option for Vacation Bible School for the summer of 2020. This VBS program is built for families to share a virtual VBS experience at home during the Coronavirus stay-at-home order. Churches can purchase this video-based VBS curriculum and share it with every family in their congregation – here is the link to get updates when the material is available.
The team at GO! Curriculum is hard at work designing a 3-day VBS that is custom made for churches and families during the COVID19 shutdown. We have thought through every aspect of the VBS experience and made it so user friendly that any family can easily do it at home. With minimal preparation, easy to follow instructions, and a video that leads kids step-by-step through each day. This is perfect for online or stay-at-home virtual VBS curriculum, BOLT is the perfect quarantine-friendly solution for your church.
When can I buy this Virtual VBS curriculum?
May 7. BOLT is so turn-key, that even if your VBS is scheduled for early June, you will have plenty of time to prepare and get children ready for this event.
What is this home VBS theme? Can you tell me more about it?
During BOLT, kids will participate in wacky games that serve as a catalyst for deepening their understanding of what it means to listen to, focus on, and follow Jesus. Each game has been chosen using the following criteria:
- Scalable for any size group from 2 to 2,000 children
- Easy to explain and execute
- Minimal materials
- Age-appropriate for ages 4 to 84
- Adaptable for different locations
- Safe for kids
What elements will BOLT have?
Just about everything that a traditional Vacation Bible School would have, but customized to work easily at home or online in a virtual VBS. Some of the elements include:
- Bible story: Video driven. See below for more details.
- Games: 3 games for each day of the VBS.
- Crafts: Origami! So much fun and all you need is paper.
- Game video: A comedic duo illustrates each game while doing play-by-play.
- Teaching video: Ties together the Bible story, games, and craft in one powerful message.
- Music: It’s going to be crazy good! See below for more details.
- Missions component: Yes! Details coming soon. Or you can use your own.
What is included with BOLT Vacation Bible School?
All of the included materials are digital and downloadable. Materials include:
- Videos (All video segments for each day are combined into one easy to use video).
- BOLT Graphics and logo
- Promotional graphics
- Origami instruction sheets
- Directions, supplies, and scheduling document
- Games instruction document
- Coloring sheets
- Bible verse cards
- Social media posts
- Parent email template
3 Day VBS schedule for this Virtual VBS
Day 1: Parable of the Sower and the Seed (Luke 8:4-15)
- Big Idea: I can listen to Jesus
- Memory Verse: Psalm 119:105
Day 2: Jesus Walks on Water (Matthew 14:22-36)
- Big Idea: I can focus on Jesus
- Memory Verse: Proverbs 3:5
Day 3: Jesus Chooses His Disciples (Luke 5:1-11)
- Big Idea: I can follow Jesus
- Memory Verse: Romans 8:39
Music for Bolt VBS at Home
We’re so excited about the music we could almost burst! Ben Calhoun, the lead singer of Citizen Way, will be performing 3 of his hit songs just for BOLT VBS. It’s as if Ben himself will be leading your kids in worship. The songs include:
Can this curriculum be adapted for use as a live online VBS experience?
Absolutely. We’ll give you all of the videos and materials as well as the permission you’ll need to create a live online experience. If you want each video broken into their individual segments, we’ll provide that too. We’ll even give you the video scripts in case you want to reproduce some of the video segments with your own teachers.
How do you recommend using this virtual Vacation Bible School?
You can use it any way you imagine, but we suggest that you schedule the VBS just like you normally would. Encourage all of your families to experience BOLT on the same 3 days. You could even do a Zoom party at the end of each day so that everyone can share their experiences together as a church. Every child will enjoy this experience.
How many people do you need for this VBS at home to work?
BOLT works whether you have 2 people or 2,000. If your area is still under a strict quarantine, a single family can perform BOLT by themselves with as few as one parent and one child. If parents feel comfortable gathering with more people, they can invite as many neighbors, friends, and family as they would like.
Because of this, BOLT is the perfect outreach event! You can even encourage leaders who do not have children of their own to host BOLT VBS in their own neighborhood.