Try these Bible crafts in your Sunday School class. They will help kids learn to share about Jesus like the original disciples. Download the directions below, gather your craft supplies, and watch our video how-to demonstration.
Crafts on Sharing about Jesus
Craft Ideas for Making Disciples and Sharing Christ’s Love
As we take a look at the calling of Christ’s first disciples, it’s important to consider how ultimately we are all called to be part of the family of God, and to expanding that family. These crafts remind students of the importance of sharing things, including and especially the love of Jesus.
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider…
The next day again John was standing with two of his disciples, 36 and he looked at Jesus as he walked by and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God!” 37 The two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus. -John 1:35-37
God loves you…and so do I! Share the good news!
Some things are better shared…pass on God’s love to others!
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit… -Matthew 28:19
Teaching Ideas about Sharing Jesus
- This craft was part of our John 1:29-42 Sunday School lesson
- See our children’s message on Sharing Jesus
- Don’t miss all our Sunday School crafts
- D is for Disciples Coloring Page
Craft one: “Sharing and Caring Envelopes” (Homemade stationary)
You will need (Supplies):
- Paper or note-cards
- Stickers or small treats
- Markers or decorating materials
- Envelopes (any size)
Procedure How To:
- Decorate the envelopes, adding stickers and notes as desired.
- Write verses or special messages on paper or note cards.
- Add treats or stickers into the envelope.
- Add the notes to the envelope. Pray over the notes and encourage students to pass around to friends and others nearby!
Craft Two: “Share a Game”
- Paper or cardstock
- Pipe cleaners
- Decorative materials (markers, fabric paint)
- Decorate your “game board”, tracing lines to make a tic-tac-toe game board (nine squares total)
- Add verse caption and title, if desired.
- Bend the pipe cleaners into alternating shapes such as “X’s” or “O’s”
- Add additional decorations as desired.
- Take turns laying down your pipe cleaner pieces and sharing the game with friends!