This game would work well on Easter Sunday morning, when you have extra visitors. It teaches basic Christian truths, and it requires no prior knowledge. Kids will enjoy Easter Bingo and learn the basics of how Jesus rose from the grave.
- Print the bingo cards and the bingo calling cards on card stock or heavy paper, and cut apart the calling cards.
- Cut colored paper or cardboard into 1-inch squares to make markers (or choose to use other markers).
- Each player chooses a bingo card and takes some markers. (Picture 1)
- The leader instructs each player to begin by putting a marker on Jesus in the center square, since Jesus is the most important person in the Easter story. (Picture 2)
- The leader draws a calling card, reads the statement, and holds the card up for everyone to see. (Picture 3)
- Each player with a square matching the calling card places a marker on that square.
- The first person to get five markers in a row horizontally or vertically wins the game. (Picture 4)
- Dump the markers and start over. Players can trade cards if they wish.
- Prizes are not necessary; kids love learning and playing games just for the fun of it.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Our Bible lessons are designed to keep the kids’ attention and show how God's Word makes a difference. Every series is flexible enough for a wide-age group and affordable enough for small churches. Download a free Bible lesson in pdf or view our latest Sunday School curriculum for small churches.