This craft came about while I was working on a lesson about Jesus raising a woman’s son from the dead. This story is in Luke 7:12-17 and it occurs directly after Jesus heals the Centurion’s Servant. Jesus is walking along and he sees a dead man being carried out. The man was the only son of his mother and she was a widow. Jesus has compassion for her and raises her son from the dead.
This craft is a simple craft that children from 3+ can do. The younger ones will just need help with the brad.
- 1 paper plate per child
- 1/2 printout of the face (there are 2 per page to save paper)
- 1 brad (metal fastener) per child
- crayons/markers/colored pencils
* Pass out the printout of the face to each child and they can color it as they wish
* Have the children cut out the eyes of the face (or have this already done before class)
* Pass out a paper plate and a brad to each child
* Have each child plate the face on their plate and push the brad through the nose (this is where some children might need some extra help)
* Where the eyes were, have the children color in the spaces to look like the person is dead (with closed eyes)
* Then have the children turn their face on the plate to find a blank part of the plate
* Have the children color eyes in the spaces to look like the person is alive (with open eyes)
My class really liked this craft because it was simple, but they understood the point of the man was dead (closed eyes) and then Jesus made him alive (open eyes). I hope your class enjoys it as well.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.