I’ve been thinking and writing a good deal about kids being overchurched. This is something of a new topic and I’m trying to figure it out as I go along.
Some of what I’ve said has been on other websites and podcasts. So I wanted to link that information together in one place. This post is a recap of what I’ve said & written so far. I’d love to hear what you think. Just click here to leave a comment.
- 5 Spiritual Dangers Facing Over-churched Kids – This was my first post about the issue. I was trying to raise awareness of the problem.
- 9 Strategies for Reaching Over-churched Kids – Here was my follow-up that offered some practical solutions.
- Podcast about Over Churched Kids with Brandon (and my follow up)
- Three Kinds of Over-Churched Children – I wrote on a friends blog)
- Emily offers a 5 point strategy for fighting preacher’s kid syndrome.
- How much church is too much – I wrote for the LifeWay blog)
- 5 Tips for Helping Over-Churched kids – Also on the LifeWay blog
- Workshop Notes & Case Studies from CMX 2011
- Elaine wrote a thoughtful response on her blog.
Reflecting on this issue has been both a pastoral and parenting concern for me. My own kids get well above normal exposure to religion. I hope these insights will be helpful to you.