Jesus is Alive! – These simple words changed the world and announced the amazing truth of Jesus’ Resurrection. This page lists all the Bible verses about Easter, ideal for cards, crafts, or inspiration during the Holy Week.
He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.~ Angel speaking to the women at the Empty Tomb
“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene,who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.~ Angel speaking to the women at the Empty Tomb
In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’~ Two angels speaking to the women at the Empty Tomb
Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”~ Jesus speaking to Doubting Thomas
1 Corinthians 15:4
that he was buried,that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures~ Paul recounting the Christian message about Jesus” resurrection
What book of the Bible is Jesus resurrection?
The details of Easter morning are recorded in these following 5 passages in the New Testament. This does not include the several times Jesus predicted he would come back to life.
The Easter story is perhaps the most well known event in the Bible. For Christians, the resurrection of Jesus is the key event in all of history. Here are some well known and popular Bible verses about Easter.
You could build an Easter Sunday school lesson around these Easter Bible verses. These Bible verses and quotes from the Scriptures could also be used on Easter greetings cards, easter decorations or craft projects.
Let kids make their own Easter cards with our printable Easter Coloring pages.
Bible Verses About Easter
Luke 24:1-12 ESV
(1) But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. (2) And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, (3) but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. (4) While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. (5) And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? (6) He is not here, but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, (7) that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise.” (8) And they remembered his words, (9) and returning from the tomb they told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. (10) Now it was Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James and the other women with them who told these things to the apostles, (11) but these words seemed to them an idle tale, and they did not believe them. (12) But Peter rose and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen cloths by themselves; and he went home marveling at what had happened.
Bible Verses About The Promise of Easter
The Resurrection Of Christ was foretold by the prophets
Psalms 16:10 ESV
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.
Acts 13:34-35 ESV
And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he has spoken in this way, “‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.’ Therefore he says also in another psalm, “‘You will not let your Holy One see corruption.’
Isaiah 26:19 ESV
Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead.
The Resurrection Of Christ was foretold by Jesus himself
Matthew 20:18-19 ESV
(18) “See, we are going up to Jerusalem. And the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death
(19) and deliver him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified, and he will be raised on the third day.”
Mark 9:9 ESV
(9) And as they were coming down the mountain, he charged them to tell no one what they had seen, until the Son of Man had risen from the dead.
Mark 14:27-28 ESV
(27) And Jesus said to them, “You will all fall away, for it is written, ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.’
(28) But after I am raised up, I will go before you to Galilee.”
John 2:19 ESV
(19) Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
John 10:17-18 ESV
(17) For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. (18) No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”
Bible Verses About The Importance of (Easter) The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ
Luke 24:46-47 ESV
(46) and (Jesus) said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, (47) and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
1 Corinthians 15:16-20 ESV
(16) For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. (17) And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. (18) Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. (19) If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. (20) But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
Romans 4:23-25 ESV
(23) But the words “it was counted to him” were not written for his sake alone, (24) but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, (25) who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.
Romans 8:33-34 ESV
(33) Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. (34) Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died–more than that, who was raised–who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.
Acts 13:30-35 ESV
(30) But God raised him from the dead, (31) and for many days he appeared to those who had come up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people.
(32) And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers, (33) this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus, as also it is written in the second Psalm, “‘You are my Son, today I have begotten you.'(34) And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he has spoken in this way, “‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.’ (35) Therefore he says also in another psalm, “‘You will not let your Holy One see corruption.’
Romans 1:3-4 ESV
(3) concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh (4) and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,
Acts 2:23-24 ESV
(23) this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. (24) God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it.
Acts 3:14-15 ESV
(14) But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, (15) and you killed the Author of life, whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses.
Romans 8:11 ESV
(11) If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
Ephesians 1:20-21 ESV
(20) that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, (21) far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
Colossians 2:11-12 ESV
(11) In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, (12) having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.
Other Bible Verses About Easter
Paul’s Summary of the Easter Story in 1 Corinthians 15:3-8.
(3) For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, (4) that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,(5) and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. (6) Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. (7) Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. (8) Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.
Jesus appearing to the Women first in Mark 16:9
Now when he rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons.
John 20:15-18 ESV
(15) Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.” (16) Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned and said to him in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means Teacher). (17) Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'” (18) Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord”–and that he had said these things to her.
Jesus Appearing To Doubting Thomas in John 20:24-29.
(24) Now Thomas, one of the Twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. (25) So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.” (26) Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.”(27) Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.”(28) Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”(29) Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Bible Verses About the The Easter Angels
Matthew 28:2-7 ESV
(2) And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. (3) His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. (4) And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. (5) But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. (6) He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. (7) Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.”
Luke 24:4-7 ESV
(4) While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. (5) And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? (6) He is not here, but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, (7) that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise.”
Luke 24:23 ESV
(23) and when they did not find his body, they came back saying that they had even seen a vision of angels, who said that he was alive.
Leave me a comment if I’ve left out your favorite Bible verses about Easter.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.