Be prepared to share the Gospel Story with our free lesson plans, coloring pages, and crafts for Easter. This page links our best lesson plans and activities for Sunday School this Resurrection Weekend.
More Lesson Choices for Easter
- He is Risen (Luke 23-24) Sunday School Lesson
- Easter Lesson for Kids (Matthew 28:1-10)
- Hope in Holy Week (Mark 14:22-24) Lesson for Kids
- Jesus Lives (John 20:19-31) Lesson for Kids
More Sunday School Activities
- Easter Coloring Pages
- Easter Crafts for Sunday School
- M&M Poem for Easter
- Bible Worksheet about Easter
- Video Easter Story for Kids (direct download link)
- 15 Powerful Easter Songs for Children’s Worship
- Easter Game & Object Lesson for Sunday School
- Browse all 101 Easter Resources for children
More Easter Ideas for Sunday School
If your church is like mine, then Easter Sunday will be a high attendance day in your Sunday school and Children’s ministry. We want to make Easter about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. But what should you teach if your Sunday school curriculum does not have a dated lesson for Easter?
Resurrection Eggs – Another popular option is to use a special Easter lesson like the Resurrection Eggs. Most churches have a set somewhere in their Sunday school department. It is basically an extended object lesson with twelve eggs each having a clue about the meaning of Easter. I like the Gospel focus of this approach, but would be a little hesitant to do such a complicated object lesson.
We recommend the following free teaching materials from other websites.
- Kidology Easter Zone has several free activities and lessons for your Easter Sunday School.
- He Is Alive Lesson plan from Sojourn Kids (don’t miss their suggested music)
Be sure to browse the related resources below: You’ll also find a growing selection of Easter craft ideas. Crafts are always a great way to promote hands on learning. There are so many powerful symbols of Easter in the Christian tradition. These can easily be used to retell and teach the story of Jesus being raised from the dead.