He is Risen! Craft Ideas for Resurrection Sunday. Easter is here! It’s always fun to celebrate this spring holiday with crafts that feature the typical chicks, flowers, or bunnies…but even more important is recalling the glory of the resurrection! Jesus came back to life after being crucified. This is our great hope and joy, on Easter and always. Here are a couple of creative ideas to celebrate Easter. A “sensory cross” uses a variety of decorations on a cross to recall Christ’s sacrifice. A “New Life Butterfly” symbolizes the resurrection with a happily colorful butterfly.
More Easter Lesson Ideas for Children’s Ministry
Compare our full Easter Sunday School Lessons and Easter Ideas for Kids Church and Bible Lessons for Children about Jesus’ Resurrection
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider… (Also see John 20:1-18)
He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he[a] lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.” 8 So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples.
He is risen!
Christ has conquered the cross!
New Life! He has risen!
Rejoice n the resurrection!
Craft one: “New Life Butterfly”
You will need:
- Coffee filter
- Glue or tape
- Construction paper, cardstock or cardboard
- Markers or decorating materials
- Stickers, glitter, jewels, or other decorations
- Toilet paper or paper towel tube
- Google eyes, pipe cleaner, etc.
- Decorate tube with stickers and “butterfly face” features (eyes, antennae, etc.)
- Attach verse or caption for the butterfly. Add extra decorations as desired.
- Decorate the coffee filter(s) with colorful markers. Attach to the back of the tube as butterfly “wings.”
- Use the butterfly to recall and celebrate the resurrection. *Note: if time allows, create a caterpillar and “chrysalis” to complete the life cycle!
Craft Two: “Sensory Cross”
You will need:
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Glue and/or tape
- Decorative materials (markers, crayons, stickers)
- Pom poms, jewels, etc.
- Popsicle stick (optional)
1. Cut paper or cardstock into strips and attach together in a cross shape.
2. Add verses and captions to the cross.
3. Add fun sensory items such as pom pom balls, jewels, stickers, and more.
4. If desired, attach a popsicle stick or item to hold or hang the cross. Rejoice in the resurrection!