Watch this video to learn a simple game that will help kids review the books of the Bible. Specifically, this game will allow them to practice where books belong in the Bible. The setup is rather simple, all you need is sidewalk chalk and a place to play.
- Draw two box shapes large enough for all the kids to stand within
- Label one box “New Testament” and the other “Old Testament”
- Explain to the kids they should stand in the area that matches the name of the Bible books you are about to say
- For books not in the Bible they should stand outside both boxes
We would like to hear your opinion about this game. Simply leave a comment below. Be sure to let us know about any improvements or variations you discover. Here is the direct link to our Books of the Bible game on YouTube.
Some more pointers about this Bible game for kids.
- You could draw several boxes for each division of the Bible as they children become more advanced
- In the winter you could play a similar game using masking tape inside
- This game works well without competition, but you could add elimination to make things more exciting
- Here is a song and tips to help with memorizing the Bible books in order.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Our Bible lessons are designed to keep the kids’ attention and show how God's Word makes a difference. Every series is flexible enough for a wide-age group and affordable enough for small churches. Download a free Bible lesson in pdf or view our latest Sunday School curriculum for kids.
5 thoughts on “Books of the Bible Game for Kids”
Great Idea! Im going to do this with my 5th Grade Sunday School class when we have our Sunday School Lock-in as a practice before we do our Scavenger Hunt! Plus this will be great to do with my grandchildren! Thank you!
I love this game idea! I will use it tomorrow. Thank you so much
Kids enjoyed this game. We labeled one area “OT” (Old Testament), another “NT” (New Testament) and a third “BLT” (just a funny way to say “not in the Bible”).
What a wonderful game. I will use it for my sunday school class this week. Thank you so much! God bless you 🙂
SO USEFUL THIS IS REALLY AGOOD WAY TO LET THE KIDS KNOW THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE…THANK YOU I WILL TRY IT CAN SEE MY SN ENJOY IT AS HE LIKES BEING ACTIVE… THIS LESSON WILL ALSO WORK EXCELLENT WITH YOUR POWERPOINT ON THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE!!!
I AM SO EXCITED…. WOULD EVEN LIKE TO VISIT YOUR MINISTRY IN LIVE… WHO KNOWS MIGHT COME TRUE!!