The Best Children’s Ministry Websites:
- We recommend Children’s Ministry Magazine by Group Publishing for their excellent articles.
- LifeWay Kids is a leading publisher for kids church lessons.
- We love the Children’s Church Curriculum from GO!
- Kidology is wonderful resource library and community for children’s pastors.
- Sermons4Kids shares amazing teaching material.
- The International Network of Children’s Ministry has excellent training.
- We also have a list of 100+ blogs about children’s ministry!
- Don’t miss Children’s Ministry Deals if you are buying curriculum for your kids church.
Children’s ministry is a calling!
“The Calling” is a encouraging poem you can print and share in you church. It describes the struggles and joys of being a kids pastor. Later I learned that poem was written by Roger Fields of Kidz Blitz ministries – who was one of my heroes in children’s ministry.
How to find volunteers for your church’s kids ministry.
In most churches, finding volunteers for is a constant struggle. This is one major roadblock to growth on Sundays. Most childrens ministers spend hours recruiting for Sunday school, church nursery, vacation Bible school, and other children’s ministry programs. That’s why we wrote this article, “6 Reasons to Serve in Kids Ministry.”
Why is childrens ministry so important?
We surveyed 400 children ministry leaders and analyzed the latest research. Here’s what we learned about the value of childrens ministry. Jesus loves the little ones – that’s why we love to serve in this mission. Every person (no matter their age) was created to have a personal relationship with Christ.
What are the benefits of children’s ministry?
Your kids ministry is important. That’s why we started writing down this list of the 68 benefits of children’s church, Sunday School, and all kids ministry programs. We hope this article will encourage everyone at your church to invest in the next generation.
What childrens ministers are saying about Ministry-To-Children
I love this lesson thank you
Great ideas! Now I am trying out how to make it work while social distancing with COVID precautions. I want…
Good morning . I am so glad that I subscribed to this website. I was searching for Sunday school teaching…
Thank you very much I will use them in our bulletin for our parish members God Bless
Great ideas. I have some questions: – for “zooming in”, how do I zoom into a picture saved to my…
Thank you for providing lessons these lessons. They are always written so well, and very friendly for using with a…
thanks for your creative material to help Sunday School teacher prepare their weekly sharing easy. thanks.
- The post “Praise God for Summer” Coloring Pages appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Sunday School Lessons (Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23) The Parable of the Sower appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Coloring T-Shirt Craft Project appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Sunday School Lesson for the 4th of July “Jesus Sets Us Free” appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Sunday School Lesson (Matthew 10:40-42) Hospitality and Serving Others appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Father’s Day Sunday School Lessons appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Following Jesus Coloring Pages appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Sunday School Lessons for Racial Reconciliation and Unity in Christ appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Sunday School Lessons on “The Harvest is Great” from Matthew 9:35-10:11 appeared first on Sunday School Works.
- The post Sunday School Lessons on “The Great Commission” (Matthew 28:16-20) appeared first on Sunday School Works.
Kid church or big church? That is the question many parents are asking lately. When I began in children’s ministry, back in 1997, (oh my!) age specific programs weren’t wildly popular in my area but over the years, the trend has caught on. Now I am happy to report we have some amazing ministries that reach and growth.
The childrens pastor is like magical unicorns, strange creatures that are largely misunderstood — that is if you believe the myths about them. Having been involved in ministry for over 20 years I can assure you that I have heard just about everything. I am not offended by what I have heard just amused […]
Starting in a new job is intimidating anyway, but a new job in a new church with new people can be overwhelming. There are things that you can do right away that can set you up for success in ministry. Consider this a strategy for long-term success. There are also things that you can do that can get your children’s ministry set off […]
We’re not the only source of articles, lessons, and activity ideas to help your kids’ ministry. Below are some other excellent blogs & websites that we strongly recommend. The articles below are all offsite links and will take you away from our site (but we hope you come back soon!). These are places we recommend and trust for their quality curriculum, training, ideas, and resources.
Kids’ Ministry FAQs
According Children’s Ministry Magazine: The full-time salary range was $40,000 to $44,999. While the part-time range was less than $10,000 to $14,999. Compensations vary widely based on gender, education, church size, marital status, and locations.
The job description of a children’s pastor includes oversight of church program for kids and support of parents in their role of family discipleship. This position includes volunteer recruitment, curriculum selection, event planning (camps and VBS), and outreach visitation. In most cases, the children’s pastor reports to the senior pastor. They collaborate with youth ministry leadership to ensure a smooth transition from the elementary to the middles school departments.
Junior church is another term used for children’s church. This is a separate program for kids offered during the adult worship service. Typically components include age-appropriate teaching, fun crafts, learning actives and child-friendly worship music. Attendees are taught to use their Bibles and hear messages centered on the basics of Christianity.
In larger congregations, the credentials are equivalent to public school teachers. This includes a Bachelor’s Degree and an advanced degree from a Christian College or Seminary. In smaller churches, often parents are hired as part-time children’s ministry jobs. Many careers start as parents who serve as volunteers for their local congregation. Only later do they receive special training from denominational conferences.
No: In most churches, the Sunday School teacher is a volunteer position. There are some exceptions for large congregations, popular guest speakers, or when a paid staff pastors leads a class. There are a growing number of online Sunday School classes, where the teacher uses digital media and downloads to make class access easy for everyone.
Sunday School is an ongoing program of Christian Education with the aim of forming lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. Bible studies are offered in separate age groups patterned after public education. Done right, participants discover their spiritual gifts and find practical ways to serve Christ. In some churches, Sunday School has an evangelistic component where those curious about the Christian Faith can learn and ask questions.
What is children’s ministry? (Kids Ministry)
Many Christian Churches, offer programs and events for children. These actives are normal separate from the main adult worship service of the congregation. This is a specific emphasis of Christian Education, to ensure the next generation believes and follows the teaching of their parents.
What is #KidMIN
This is an often used abbreviation for kids ministry used on social media platforms. Kidmin means ministry to kids.
In short – telling kids about Jesus!