The Best Children’s Ministry Websites:
- We recommend Children’s Ministry Magazine by Group Publishing for their excellent articles.
- LifeWay Kids is a leading publisher for kids church lessons.
- We love the Children’s Church Curriculum from GO!
- Kidology is wonderful resource library and community for children’s pastors.
- Sermons4Kids shares amazing teaching material.
- The International Network of Children’s Ministry has excellent training.
- We also have a list of 100+ blogs about children’s ministry!
- Don’t miss Children’s Ministry Deals if you are buying curriculum for your kids church.
Children’s ministry is a calling!
“The Calling” is a encouraging poem you can print and share in you church. It describes the struggles and joys of being a kids pastor. Later I learned that poem was written by Roger Fields of Kidz Blitz ministries – who was one of my heroes in children’s ministry.
How to find volunteers for your church’s kids ministry.
In most churches, finding volunteers for is a constant struggle. This is one major roadblock to growth on Sundays. Most childrens ministers spend hours recruiting for Sunday school, church nursery, vacation Bible school, and other children’s ministry programs. That’s why we wrote this article, “6 Reasons to Serve in Kids Ministry.”
Why is childrens ministry so important?
We surveyed 400 children ministry leaders and analyzed the latest research. Here’s what we learned about the value of childrens ministry. Jesus loves the little ones – that’s why we love to serve in this mission. Every person (no matter their age) was created to have a personal relationship with Christ.
What are the benefits of children’s ministry?
Your kids ministry is important. That’s why we started writing down this list of the 68 benefits of children’s church, Sunday School, and all kids ministry programs. We hope this article will encourage everyone at your church to invest in the next generation.
What childrens ministers are saying about Ministry-To-Children
what wonderful explanation…GOD BLESS YOU
Thank you for your materials. they are educative and helpful
Thank you so much…. I am a big beneficiary of this page… I am a Sunday school teacher and this…
I love to sing a song in children’s ministry because I leading children.
Thanks for the lesson plan, very helpful not only to children’s but to adults also. Looking forward to reach out…
I also appreciated the amount of writing and resources that were provided. It made the information easy to understand and…
God bless you Israel and you
- Choose Life! Craft Ideas for Deuteronomy 30 What choices shape our daily lives? There are many things that impact who we are, but the most important thing we can choose is accepting God’s grace. We have the option of life or death! These crafts celebrate Deuteronomy 30 and how it reminds us to love and […]
- Sunday school is an important part of a Christian’s education. It is a time to learn about God and His teachings. There are many things that should be taught in Sunday school. Some of these topics include Bible stories, prayer, and Bible verses. Definition of Sunday school Sunday school is a time for children to […]
- Sunday school is typically an hour long, but it can vary depending on the church. Definition of Sunday school Sunday school is a program that is offered to children aged 4-12 years old. It is typically offered for one year, but can be extended depending on the church’s policy. History of Sunday school Sunday school […]
- The Sunday school lesson for today is on the Ten Commandments. Definition of Sunday school Sunday school is a time for children to learn about God and His teachings. Today’s lesson is on the meaning of Easter. Overview of the purpose of Sunday school Sunday school is a time for children to learn about God […]
- If you’re looking for a way to get involved and learn more about Christianity, Sunday school may be the perfect option for you. Sunday school is a class that typically takes place on Sundays, and it’s a great way to get to know the Bible and learn about Christian customs and traditions. There are a […]
- Sunday school is a great way to get to know God better. It is a time where you can learn about Jesus Christ and His teachings. It is also a time where you can make new friends and have fun. Definition of Sunday school Sunday school is a time for children to learn about Christianity. […]
- Worship Sunday school lesson is an opportunity for children to learn about the importance of worship and how it can help them connect with God. Through activities and discussions, children will learn about the history of worship, how to pray, and how to participate in worship services. Definition of worship Worship Sunday school lesson is […]
- The Sunday school lesson for tomorrow is on the Ten Commandments. Definition of Sunday school Sunday school is a time for learning about God and His teachings. The lesson for tomorrow is about the Ten Commandments. Overview of the importance of Sunday school Sunday school is an important part of the Christian faith. It’s a […]
- If you are in the process of cleaning out your old Sunday school materials, there are a few places you can send them. Some churches may have a recycling program, while others may have donation centers that accept old materials. If you cannot find a place to send them, you can always discard them or […]
- Sunday school is a mandatory service that most churches offer. It is typically an hour long and is usually offered during the morning or afternoon. It is an important part of the church service and can help children learn about God and His teachings. Definition of Sunday school Sunday school is a program that is […]
Kid church or big church? That is the question many parents are asking lately. When I began in children’s ministry, back in 1997, (oh my!) age specific programs weren’t wildly popular in my area but over the years, the trend has caught on. Now I am happy to report we have some amazing ministries that reach and growth.
The childrens pastor is like magical unicorns, strange creatures that are largely misunderstood — that is if you believe the myths about them. Having been involved in ministry for over 20 years I can assure you that I have heard just about everything. I am not offended by what I have heard just amused […]
Starting in a new job is intimidating anyway, but a new job in a new church with new people can be overwhelming. There are things that you can do right away that can set you up for success in ministry. Consider this a strategy for long-term success. There are also things that you can do that can get your children’s ministry set off […]
We’re not the only source of articles, lessons, and activity ideas to help your kids’ ministry. Below are some other excellent blogs & websites that we strongly recommend. The articles below are all offsite links and will take you away from our site (but we hope you come back soon!). These are places we recommend and trust for their quality curriculum, training, ideas, and resources.
Kids’ Ministry FAQs
According Children’s Ministry Magazine: The full-time salary range was $40,000 to $44,999. While the part-time range was less than $10,000 to $14,999. Compensations vary widely based on gender, education, church size, marital status, and locations.
The job description of a children’s pastor includes oversight of church program for kids and support of parents in their role of family discipleship. This position includes volunteer recruitment, curriculum selection, event planning (camps and VBS), and outreach visitation. In most cases, the children’s pastor reports to the senior pastor. They collaborate with youth ministry leadership to ensure a smooth transition from the elementary to the middles school departments.
Junior church is another term used for children’s church. This is a separate program for kids offered during the adult worship service. Typically components include age-appropriate teaching, fun crafts, learning actives and child-friendly worship music. Attendees are taught to use their Bibles and hear messages centered on the basics of Christianity.
In larger congregations, the credentials are equivalent to public school teachers. This includes a Bachelor’s Degree and an advanced degree from a Christian College or Seminary. In smaller churches, often parents are hired as part-time children’s ministry jobs. Many careers start as parents who serve as volunteers for their local congregation. Only later do they receive special training from denominational conferences.
No: In most churches, the Sunday School teacher is a volunteer position. There are some exceptions for large congregations, popular guest speakers, or when a paid staff pastors leads a class. There are a growing number of online Sunday School classes, where the teacher uses digital media and downloads to make class access easy for everyone.
Sunday School is an ongoing program of Christian Education with the aim of forming lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. Bible studies are offered in separate age groups patterned after public education. Done right, participants discover their spiritual gifts and find practical ways to serve Christ. In some churches, Sunday School has an evangelistic component where those curious about the Christian Faith can learn and ask questions.
What is children’s ministry? (Kids Ministry)
Many Christian Churches, offer programs and events for children. These actives are normal separate from the main adult worship service of the congregation. This is a specific emphasis of Christian Education, to ensure the next generation believes and follows the teaching of their parents.
What is #KidMIN
This is an often used abbreviation for kids ministry used on social media platforms. Kidmin means ministry to kids.
In short – telling kids about Jesus!