The Best Children’s Ministry Websites:
- We recommend Children’s Ministry Magazine by Group Publishing for their excellent articles.
- LifeWay Kids is a leading publisher for kids church lessons.
- We love the Children’s Church Curriculum from GO!
- Kidology is wonderful resource library and community for children’s pastors.
- Sermons4Kids shares amazing teaching material.
- The International Network of Children’s Ministry has excellent training.
- We also have a list of 100+ blogs about children’s ministry!
- Don’t miss Children’s Ministry Deals if you are buying curriculum for your kids church.
Children’s ministry is a calling!
“The Calling” is a encouraging poem you can print and share in you church. It describes the struggles and joys of being a kids pastor. Later I learned that poem was written by Roger Fields of Kidz Blitz ministries – who was one of my heroes in children’s ministry.
How to find volunteers for your church’s kids ministry.
In most churches, finding volunteers for is a constant struggle. This is one major roadblock to growth on Sundays. Most childrens ministers spend hours recruiting for Sunday school, church nursery, vacation Bible school, and other children’s ministry programs. That’s why we wrote this article, “6 Reasons to Serve in Kids Ministry.”
Why is childrens ministry so important?
We surveyed 400 children ministry leaders and analyzed the latest research. Here’s what we learned about the value of childrens ministry. Jesus loves the little ones – that’s why we love to serve in this mission. Every person (no matter their age) was created to have a personal relationship with Christ.
What are the benefits of children’s ministry?
Your kids ministry is important. That’s why we started writing down this list of the 68 benefits of children’s church, Sunday School, and all kids ministry programs. We hope this article will encourage everyone at your church to invest in the next generation.
What childrens ministers are saying about Ministry-To-Children
The lesson is so powerfull it will really help me to teach my children well this week and i believe…
yes Mark 6:3
I really, really, needed this,my baby is 3 and today’s church service has been one of the worst! I even…
Thank you so much. This lesson from Ezekiel 10 was difficult to break down. Your curriculum was most helpful. Hod…
Thank you for this play. We are using it for our Christmas play at church. You did an amazing job.…
Thank you so much.
Thank you, Vanessa, for sharing this very creative twist! We are a small Anglican church from Richmond, B.C. and we’re…
- Enjoy this free word-find puzzle to help kids learn Bible Verses related to the birth of Jesus. “10 Free Christmas Bible Word Search Puzzles” are also available in ESV and KJV from the Sunday School Store. Hey Everyone, Get Ready for Christmas Fun with My Free Bible Word Search Puzzles! Let’s Make This Christmas Extra […]
- The Sunday School Store is offering an incredible Black Friday deal that is perfect for churches operating on a small budget. The 2023 Black Friday Children’s Ministry Curriculum Bundle Deal is a once-in-a-lifetime offer that provides a massive amount of value for a fraction of the cost. 👉 Click here to download the 37-page bundle preview to […]
- Our salvation is wonderful, sweet, and absolutely free! This message uses candy to illustrate the grace of God that comes through Jesus. Whether kids go trick-or-treating in October or attend a harvest celebration, they likely receive fun treats that are free, at least to them. Someone had to pay for their prizes, though. As redeemed […]
- Discover the Joy of Scripture with Our Free 25 Bible Verse Word Search Puzzles! We’re excited about the new Bible Word Search Puzzles from the Sunday School Store. You can download the directly on our site, too. Simply choose NIV, KJV, or ESV translation. Download 25 “Word-For-Word Bible Verse Search & Find” to help kids […]
- The Best Children’s Bibles: A Comprehensive Guide for Christian Parents As a Christian parent, one of the most important aspects of your child’s spiritual growth is introducing them to the Bible. With so many options available, it can be challenging to find the perfect children’s Bible that suits your child’s age, interests, and reading level. […]
- Do you ever wonder how we can protect ourselves from harm and illness? While we take many precautions in our daily lives, it’s important to remember that only God has the power to shield us from sin and evil in the world. Take the story of Moses, for example. His mother kept him safe as […]
- The account of Jesus feeding the masses is a remarkable miracle and a beautiful testament to our ability to trust and depend on God to provide for our needs. When we give Him everything we have, incredible things can happen! These craft ideas honor the story and its teachings. The “Growing Fish Line” paper chain […]
- The story of Jesus walking on water is a reminder that we, as humans, cannot achieve such a feat on our own. The story of Peter being saved by Jesus from the waves emphasizes the fact that we can always count on Jesus to lift us out of our fears and worries. To celebrate this […]
- Many times in our lives, things happen that are difficult to understand. We might face difficulties or uncertainties and wonder what God’s plan is, or why He would allow us to suffer. The story of Joseph is a great reminder that God is always with us and has a plan that will bless us. We […]
- The tale of Moses is an extraordinary journey that serves as a reminder of God’s presence in our lives. Moses was miraculously rescued from death by Pharaoh and later led God’s people out of Egypt. Similarly, we have been saved by Jesus, our savior, and freed from the slavery of sin. These crafts celebrate the […]
Kid church or big church? That is the question many parents are asking lately. When I began in children’s ministry, back in 1997, (oh my!) age specific programs weren’t wildly popular in my area but over the years, the trend has caught on. Now I am happy to report we have some amazing ministries that reach and growth.
The childrens pastor is like magical unicorns, strange creatures that are largely misunderstood — that is if you believe the myths about them. Having been involved in ministry for over 20 years I can assure you that I have heard just about everything. I am not offended by what I have heard just amused […]
Starting in a new job is intimidating anyway, but a new job in a new church with new people can be overwhelming. There are things that you can do right away that can set you up for success in ministry. Consider this a strategy for long-term success. There are also things that you can do that can get your children’s ministry set off […]
We’re not the only source of articles, lessons, and activity ideas to help your kids’ ministry. Below are some other excellent blogs & websites that we strongly recommend. The articles below are all offsite links and will take you away from our site (but we hope you come back soon!). These are places we recommend and trust for their quality curriculum, training, ideas, and resources.
Kids’ Ministry FAQs
According Children’s Ministry Magazine: The full-time salary range was $40,000 to $44,999. While the part-time range was less than $10,000 to $14,999. Compensations vary widely based on gender, education, church size, marital status, and locations.
The job description of a children’s pastor includes oversight of church program for kids and support of parents in their role of family discipleship. This position includes volunteer recruitment, curriculum selection, event planning (camps and VBS), and outreach visitation. In most cases, the children’s pastor reports to the senior pastor. They collaborate with youth ministry leadership to ensure a smooth transition from the elementary to the middles school departments.
Junior church is another term used for children’s church. This is a separate program for kids offered during the adult worship service. Typically components include age-appropriate teaching, fun crafts, learning actives and child-friendly worship music. Attendees are taught to use their Bibles and hear messages centered on the basics of Christianity.
In larger congregations, the credentials are equivalent to public school teachers. This includes a Bachelor’s Degree and an advanced degree from a Christian College or Seminary. In smaller churches, often parents are hired as part-time children’s ministry jobs. Many careers start as parents who serve as volunteers for their local congregation. Only later do they receive special training from denominational conferences.
No: In most churches, the Sunday School teacher is a volunteer position. There are some exceptions for large congregations, popular guest speakers, or when a paid staff pastors leads a class. There are a growing number of online Sunday School classes, where the teacher uses digital media and downloads to make class access easy for everyone.
Sunday School is an ongoing program of Christian Education with the aim of forming lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. Bible studies are offered in separate age groups patterned after public education. Done right, participants discover their spiritual gifts and find practical ways to serve Christ. In some churches, Sunday School has an evangelistic component where those curious about the Christian Faith can learn and ask questions.
What is children’s ministry? (Kids Ministry)
Many Christian Churches, offer programs and events for children. These actives are normal separate from the main adult worship service of the congregation. This is a specific emphasis of Christian Education, to ensure the next generation believes and follows the teaching of their parents.
What is #KidMIN
This is an often used abbreviation for kids ministry used on social media platforms. Kidmin means ministry to kids.
In short – telling kids about Jesus!