Try these easy craft ideas for your Sunday School activities based on the story of Gideon for kids from Judges 6-7. Print the directions below and watch the craft demonstration video to finish your preparation.
“Gideon Craft Ideas” Judges 6-7
Bible Craft Activities for Sunday School
The story of Gideon is an amazing and sometimes lesser-known Biblical classic. It is remarkable to think of what God did with Gideon and the tiny Israelite army! These crafts go along with the story to commemorate Gideon and God’s glorious strength. These Sunday School craft projects are based on Judges 6-7.
Suggested Bible Verses or Craft Captions:
The Lord will fight for you!!
But the Lord said to him, “Peace be to you. Do not fear; you shall not die.”
“A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!”
Don’t be afraid; God is in control!
Bonus Sunday School Activities on the Story of Gideon for Kids
- Sunday School Lesson (Judges 7) God is Almighty
- Gideon Sunday School Lessons
- Our latest Sunday School Lesson on Gideon
- Children’s Church Bible Lesson on Gideon
Craft one: Gideon’s “Torch in a Pitcher”
You will need:
- Tissue paper or construction paper
- Markers/decorative materials
- Styrofoam or paper cups
- Toilet paper or paper towel tubes
- Have kids decorate toilet paper tube and/or cup, using stickers and coloring utensils.
- Help students glue paper or tissue paper inside the tube to look like fire.
- Place tube “torch” inside cup “pitcher.”
- Add a verse or caption on the outside of cup.
- If desired, add a party horn for Gideon’s trumpet!
Craft Two: “Warrior Trumpet” of Gideon
You will need:
- Crayons or markers
- Construction paper
- Pipe cleaner or cardboard
- Have students decorate paper with stickers, markers, etc.
- Trim an arc at the top of the paper to make it roll-able into a megaphone shape.
- Staple paper, rolling so that it appears like a trumpet or megaphone.
- Carefully attach a pipe cleaner or cardboard handle, if a candle is desired. Add a caption, shout, and enjoy making noise!
1 thought on “Gideon Craft Ideas for Sunday School”
Thank you so much for your generousity!!!
I am teaching Gideon in Children’s church…..and this is helpful for breaking the story into
bite-size chunks and teaching to a group of various ages.
Also, the craft ideas are do-able!!
The cat added a fun dimension in the video.
Again, thank you so much!!