Here are two super easy craft ideas for teaching about stewardship & giving in your Sunday School class. Download the printable directions (with photo examples) and then watch our how-to video below.
“Giving Back to God” Stewardship Crafts for Sunday School
It’s important for kids to learn and recognize that there’s a lot more to life than money. At the same time, it is also positive to teach them the benefits of saving and using money wisely.
Creating a fun “tithe savings bank” can be a positive way to help them take ownership of their budgeting. Even if they don’t have money to put in the container, it can still be a great place to store thoughts, prayer requests, or other items. Be as creative and decorative as you like in helping students create these fun pieces! (
Note: pictures shown include a less than expert level of decorative flair savvy.)
Craft one: Heart “bank” for prayers and pennies
You will need:
- Stickers (if desired)
- Markers/decorative materials
- Cut a heart shape out of one piece of paper.
- Write on and/or decorate the paper to be the front of the “bank”
- Glue the heart onto another background paper, placing the glue around the outer edges to leave room in the center.
- Alternatively, attach an envelope or flap to the heart for easier removal.
- Use for collecting money or prayer request slips.
Craft Two: Tithing Bank
- Paper or wrapping paper
- Markers/decorative materials
- A small container of some sort (shoebox, oatmeal can, tissue box)
- Cut a slit in the top of the box or container, to have a slot for the “bank.”
- Wrap the paper around the container and secure with tape.
- Attach additional decorations or captions as desired.
Bible Verses or Captions for These Projects
I offer my heart to God
My Tithes and Talents are for the Lord
“No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.” –Luke 16:13
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. –Matthew 6:33
Bonus Activity Ideas
- Download our Bible verse coloring page “No One Can Serve Two Masters”
- Download our printable “Giving for Orphan Care” Coloring Sheets
Bible Lessons on Giving and Stewardship
Title: Using our Gifts- Stewardship Lesson Scripture: 1 Peter 4:10-11 Target Age Group: 3rd-5th grade Main Point: God (point upwards) gives us gifts (make a shape of a gift box by your chest) so that we may serve others (point to your neighbor) and glorify Him (point upwards). Supplies: Bibles, Index card for each child […]
Title: Giving Together- Stewardship Lesson Scripture: Acts 2:42-47 Target Age Group: 3rd-5th grade Main Point: God (point upwards) uses his church (point at yourself and the kids) to spread blessings (spread arms in front of you.) Supplies: Bibles, paper and markers, giving coloring page Lesson Opening Ask: What are some ways that you care for […]
Title: Stewardship Series- The Heart of Giving Scripture: Mark 10:17-27; 12:41-44 Target Age Group: 3rd-5th grade Main Point: God loves a cheerful giver. Supplies: Penny, nickel, dime, quarter, $1 bill, white board and marker, paper and pencils, optional love of money coloring page Lesson Opening Supplies: Penny, nickel, dime, quarter, $1 bill Show the coins and […]
Title: Stewardship Series: God’s Call to Give Scripture: Matthew 25:14-30 Target Age Group: 3rd-5th grade Supplies: Pencils, paper, yellow circles of construction paper Lesson Opening: What is Stewardship? Ask: Has anyone ever heard the word “Steward” before? What do you think it means? (A steward is someone who takes care of another person’s property.) Ask: […]